chapter 14 - Pooja

Start from the beginning

"Not a minute more than 20! On your marks, get set, GO!" Her mom sounded quite fed up and this warning was the last sign for Saanvi. Saanvi quickly cut the call and kept her phone in the surprising pocket of her salwar. She reversed the car carefully and sped up gradually and reached the airport on time.

~
Taking off her sandals, She touched the first step of the mandir's staircase with her forehead auspiciously and climbed the stairs with full speed. She saw her mom talking with the pandit and quickly walked towards her.

"Mom! Am here! 18 minutes" She said with a proud face and showed a fake collar but got playfully hit by her mom.

"You startled me! Comeon now, no time for talks. Mahoorat jaa raha hai!" Her mom said, in a shrill voice, now completely angry with her while she saw her dad standing in a corner looking at her helplessly.

"Aao beti, tumhari kamyabi ke liye Pooja arambh karte hai." The pandit said motioning her to enter the temple area. Sanidhi called her husband who also accompanied ther inside with his wife. Saanvi was shocked to see who was inside, helping the 'chhote pandit' with all the preparations.

"Arihant!" She said and ran towards him, engulfing him in a hug. He hugged her back with same affection, planting a small kiss on her hair.

"How could I miss this Pooja ?? Afterall, mera hakk Banta hai!" He said grinning mentally.

"Obviously. But I seriously didn't expect you!" She said pushing herself out of the hug gently.

"Should I go then ??" He pointed towards the steps and winked.

"No, no! Infact you will perform this Pooja with me." She said joyously and took his big hand in her tiny ones.

"Me ?? No...it's for you Saanu-" he didn't get the chance to complete and was interrupted by Vibhas.

"Saanvi is right son. You should accompany her for the worship. She is your Fiancé anyway." He said widely smiling and Arihant couldn't deny.

"Only for you, Uncle." He nodded mischievously.

"Are you talking with me ?? Sanidhi, who is his uncle here !?" Vibhas mockingly asked his wife who replied with a simple "I don't know anyone who is th uncle of Arihant.".

"Sorry sorry, I meant, Only for you, Papa." He corrected himself, stopping the act of his 'sasuma and sasurji'.

"Hawwwww....I won't talk to you!" Saanvi showed her tongue "Pandit ji...ise jaane do. Yeh toh mere papa ke khatir Pooja kar Raha hai, mere khaatir nahi!" She ignored him.

Panditji was already observing them and all he could do was a chuckle.

"Achha sorry sorry...Only for you, Saanu." He was forced to correct again.

"Much better" She glared at him with wide eyes. He just joined his hands and bowed in front of her. She raised her one hand to give blessings.

"Shukriya maate. Ab hum chale ??" He mockingly asked and forwarded his arm for her arm to cling on.

She mingled her arm with his' and they both walked towards the idol of Radha Krishna.

"Krishna Kanhaiya...Meri beti ki saari ichha poori karna aur use hamesha safe rakhna. Kabhi udaas na ho uska dhyaan rakhna." Vibhas silently murmured, stepping forward with folded hands. Saanvi heard him pray and smiled slightly.

"Kanhaiya ji...bohot khel liye aap meri life ke sath...it's enough now. I am fed up. Bohot dino ke baad mujhe Khushi mil Rahi hai. Arihant mere liye perfect hai and mera Dil use hi chahta hai...please please don't ruin it for me now...varna mera aapke upar se vishvaas uth jayega..." She thought. She had heard the same thing from childhood that krishna will take care of everything but she didn't know why Krishna wasn't happy with her. He always chose the best for her but the last 1.5 year was a havoc. First the humongous mistake she made and then the time she wasted on repenting. Now that she has finally moved on, she doesn't want to suffer again. But only god knew what were his plans for her.