Enchanted - Duncalita

Start from the beginning

She seemed to glide with such grace and confidence as she walked around the gymnasium. Her dark pink dress seemed to light up the entire space and the sparkles on the dress seemed to resemble stars in twilight. He could tell that she had dark auburn hair that was swept over to the side and pulled back into an intricate french braid. However, he really couldn't get a good look at her face, which only drew Duncan closer to her as she walked closer to him and closed the distance between them before a slow song began to play and he took her hand in his.

"There I was again tonight, forcing laughter, faking smiles, same old tired, lonely place

Walls of insincerity, shifting eyes and vacancy, vanished when I saw your face

All I can say is I was Enchanted to meet you...

Your eyes whispered, have we met

Across the room your silhouette, starts to make its way to me...

The playful conversation starts, counter all your secret remarks like passing notes in secrecy

And it was enchanting to meet you...

All I can say is I was Enchanted to meet you...

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go

I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home

I'll spend forever, wondering if you knew, I was Enchanted to meet you "

They were now gliding through the dance floor as if they were the only two in the room. They even found themselves talking at the refreshments table and sipping on juice punch and eating cakes, cookies and a fresh plate of brownies, which were compliments of Sunny.

By the end of the evening, Duncan was actually dying to know who this mystery person was, but when he opened his mouth to find out, someone wasn't watching where they were going and bumped into his mystery date.

"Hey, watch where you're going, cakesni--- I'm sorry, I have to go!!!" she called regretfully as she turned to look at him before she turned on her heel and ran out of the gym as fast as her legs could carry her.

"Who's "cakesni"?! Wait!!!" he called after her before she ducked into one of the many dormitory buildings and locked the door behind her. "Great!!!" yelled Duncan angrily as he pounded on the door, which yielded zero results.

However, as he started to walk back to the gym, he stepped on something and looked down and saw that in her hurry, the mystery girl had tripped and one of her shoes came off. It was a simple size 5 plain white sneaker with pink shoelaces, but it was enough for him. Now, if he saw any girls walking around without a shoe, he knew he'd find his mystery girl. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night, as everyone else was back in their dorms and sleeping, as Duncan lie awake in his bed and pondered who his mystery girl could be, he had no idea she herself was also lying awake and was reminiscing about the song they shared.

"The lingering question kept me up, 2 am, who do you love?

I wonder 'til I'm wide awake