Chapter Four:The Last Picture Show

Start from the beginning

At Pickens Park
Archie touches his neck
Fred and Archie walks over to Mrs Grundy and Geraldine putting her cello back in the case
Fred says to Geraldine "I'm usually more of a
classic rock kind of guy......but that was beautiful.
Truly."
Archie says to Geraldine "Congratulations,Ms. Grundy."
Archie gives Mrs Grundy flowers
Geraldine says to Archie and Fred "Thank you,
both of you for coming."
Fred says to Geraldine "No,you kidding? Archie,
he wouldn't miss it.I had to beg him to let me come." Archie says to Geraldine "Great.I'll see you at school,Ms. Grundy."
Archie says to Fred "Let's go,Dad."
Fred says to Geraldine "Well,I was thinking that, you know,if you're gonna be alone tonight......that we could take you out to dinner."
Geraldine says to Fred "Oh,no.I...No,I couldn't impose."
Fred CHUCKLES
Fred says to Geraldine "After everything you've done for my son? I...You know,with his music,
it's the least I can do.I insist."
Fred looks at Archie and Archie nods
In Pops
Jughead says to Beronica and Kevin "The Drive-In closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale...No,forget Riverdale,in the coffin of the American dream."
Jughead STAMMERING
Jughead says to Beronica "As the godfather of indie cinema,Quentin Tarantino,likes to say..."
Kevin says to Jughead "Please,God,no more Quentin Tarantino references."
Jughead says to Beronica and Kevin "What? I'm pissed.And not just about losing my job.The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us.
People should be trying to save it."
Veronica says to Jughead "In this age of Netflix and VOD,do people really want to watch a movie in a car? I mean,who even goes there?"
Kevin says to Veronica "People who want to buy crack." Jughead says to Beronica and Kevin "And cinephiles,and car enthusiasts."
Jughead says to Betty "Right,Bets?"
Betty says Jughead,Kevin and Veronica "Totally."
Jughead says to Beronica and Kevin "Anyway,it's closing because the town owns it,but didn't invest in it.So when an anonymous buyer made Mayor McCoy an offer,she couldn't refuse..."
Veronica says to Jughead "Anonymous buyer?
What do they have to hide? No one cares."
Jughead says to Veronica "I do."
Jughead says to Beronica and Kevin "Also,you guys should all come to closing night.I'm thinking American Graffiti.Or is that too obvious?" Veronica says to Jughead "I vote for anything starring Audrey Hepburn.Or Cate Blanchett."
Kevin faces to Veronica
Kevin says to Veronica "Or The Talented Mr. Ripley." Kevin says to Betty "Betty,your choices?"
Veronica says to Betty "Everything okay,B?"
Betty says to Veronica "Yeah,yeah.I'm just thinking.Um...Maybe Rebel Without a Cause?"Kevin and Veronica SNICKER
Hermione walks over to Veronica and Veronica's friends table
Hermione says to Beronica and Kevin "Here you go,kids." Veronica says to Hermione "Thanks, Mom." Cheryl says to Tina and Ginger "If I would have known Mama Lodge was working as a waitress at Pop's......I never would have given Veronica a spot on the Vixens.It's off-brand and sends a false message about acceptance."
Tina says to Cheryl "After her TMZ-style take-down of Chuck,all the Vixens kind of like Veronica now." Cheryl says to Tina "Do they?"
Hermione gets the cash off Cheryl's table and Cheryl bangs on hand on the table
Cheryl says to Hermione "Be sure to put all that
cash in the register.You are a Lodge,after all
and Lodges are known to have sticky fingers."
Veronica stands up
Veronica says to Cheryl "Cheryl."
Hermione says to Veronica "Honey,I got this."
Hermione says to Cheryl "Cheryl,I went to school with your mother.She didn't know the difference between having money and having class,either."
Hermione walks away and Veronica sits by Kevin
DOOR BELL CHIMING
Kevin says to Beronica and Jughead "Now,that's an odd combo of people."
Betty turns to face Mrs Grundy,Archie and Fred Andrews
Betty says to Kevin,Veronica and Jughead "I'll be right back." Jughead says to Betty "No,Betty.No. Don't..."
Betty stands up and Betty walks away
Kevin says to Jeronica "Wait,what's happening?"
Betty walks over to Archie
Fred says to Betty "Hey,Betty."
Betty says to Fred "Hi,Mr. Andrews."
Betty says to Geraldine "Ms. Grundy."
Betty says to Archie "Archie,can I talk to you?"
Archie says to Betty "Sure.I'll call you later?"
Betty says to Archie "No,actually,now.Just school stuff.Outside?"
Archie stands up and Archie follows betty
Outside of Pops
Betty says to Archie "Archie,as your best friend,is there anything you want to tell me?"
Archie says to Betty "I don't think so."
Betty SIGHS
Betty says to Archie "Ms. Grundy was at Sweetwood River on July 4th.Were you with her?"
Archie looked shocked
Archie says to Betty "Did Jughead tell you?"
Betty says to Archie "Jughead knows about this?"
In Pops
Kevin is looking out of the window
Veronica says to Jughead"What's happening out there? Do we know? Is it about me?"
Jughead says to Veronica "I have a strong inkling,and no.Also,I'd let it go."
Veronica says to Jughead "Yes,but you're you, and I'm me.You do you,girl,I'll be back."
Veronica stands up and walks out
Kevin says to Jughead "What was it like before she got here?"
Jughead eating cherry
Kevin says to Jughead "I honestly cannot remember."
Outside of Pops
Archie says to Betty "It's not what you're thinking." Betty says to Archie "So, it's platonic..." Archie says to Betty "Okay,well, maybe it's a little like what you're thinking..."
Betty says to Archie "Archie,are you and Ms. Grundy,like,together? Like,romantically?"
Veronica walks over
Veronica says to Archie "Oh,my God.You and your music teacher are having an affair?"
Archie says to Beronica "We are......together. Look,I know that sounds bad,but..."
Veronica says to Archie "Bad? It sounds scandalous." Betty says to Archie "It sounds like jail time to me.Illegal!"
Archie says to Betty "Betty,don't go there."
Betty says to Archie "Oh,I'm already there."
Archie says to Veronica "Ronnie,a little help here?"
Veronica STUTTERING
Veronica says to Archie "I mean,technically, Betty's right.And ethically,well,what is Grundy to you, anyway? Your girlfriend?"
Archie SIGHS
Veronica says to Archie "Your booty tutor?"
Archie says to Beronica "I don't know,I don't
know what to call her." Betty says to Archie "You said you were at the river alone.You lied to Sheriff Keller,to all of us.Why? To protect her?"
Archie says to Betty "She believed in me when no one else did." Veronica says to Archie "Okay, we get it." Archie says to Betty "Betty,say something, please."
Alice CAR HONKS]
Alice says to Betty "Get in the car,Betty.Now."
Betty opens the car door and gets in and closes the door and puts her seatbelt on
Alice says to Betty "What have I told you about those two?" Betty says to Alice "Can we just go?"
Alice drives off
Veronica SIGHS
Veronica says to Archie "Oh,Archiekins.You're in it deep this time."
In Betty's bedroom
Betty writes in her diary and Betty goes on her laptop
Outside of Pops