Chapter 5: Identification (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Shifty:"Location of the power station confirmed. You may proceed."

Anis:"Considering that place could be crawling with Raptures, we probably shouldn't just waltz in through the front door. I don't want to crash a Raptures house party and end up as an entree."

Y/n:"Well, there always a backdoor that we can use to sneak in." 'Entree ? wha- oh right... she comes from Tetra Entertainment...' "Also, is the power station still in operation ?"

Shifty:"Roger. Reports indicate that it resumed operation not long ago, although no one knows how or why."

Y/n:'These Raptures really that smart to operate human machines...' "Is anyone in there ?"

Shifty:"Officially, there are supposed to be zero humans remaining on the surface. But we better expect the unexpected. We've attempted to investigate this strange phenomenon several times in the past. But nothing came of it."

Anis:"Apparently, we sent in a large band of troops before. They were surrouded by a hoard of Raptures and got destroyed."

Shifty:"Putting aside the potential survivors, the power station itself is of great significance. A power station of this size could supply electricity to all the facilities in the Ark for 2 months."

Rapi:"In other words, this operation is of the utmost importance."

Y/n:'huh ? Well electric railcannon can also do the same without running out of power. A goddamn infinite battery that took a bit of time to recharge once used it to shot.'

Anis:"Apparently, it's not important enough to send more than just 3 peoples."

Y/n:'It's more of this mission is giving to us so that Andersen will have a reasonable reason to banish us to the Outpost.'

Rapi:"Anis."

Anis:"What's wrong ?"

Rapi:"Do you intend on bowing out of this operation ?"

Anis:"I... no."

Rapi:"Then I suggest you think before you speak."

Anis:"..."

Neon:"But how do we get in ?"

Rapi:"By destroying the raptures guarding the power station."

Neon:"I like where you're going with this!" *ching* "Let's do this."

Y/n:'Oh god this just like cybergrind for some reason...'

Anis:"That's not your decision to make."

Rapi:"Well, Commander, do you wish to proceed ?"

Y/n:"Eh why not ?Let's just proceed with the operation."

Anis:"Understood. Let's go. Well, let's get this over with. If we're going to die, I'd prefer to do it sooner rather than later."

Rapi:"Anis."

Anis:"Commander, I know that you can fight aswell, but this time, let us do the fighting. You just stay in the rear where it's nice and safe and tell us what to do. Think you can handle that ? After all, it's better than the raw deal we're getting. We're just cannon fodder."

Rapi:"Anis !"

Anis:"What ?! Isn't that the most sensible course of action ?"

Rapi:"I could report you for insurbodination against a superior officer."

Anis:"Big whoop."

Y/n:'I want to go home... This is painful to watch for some reasons...'

Rapi:"You would be executed on the spot."