Chapter 16 Searching for the Siblings

Comincia dall'inizio

She stands up feeling upset. " this is about my last file, isn't it? Hazel and cha cha screwed the pooch on that one, not me, and don't get me started on number Five and Maya Hargreeves, they both depth of whose betrayal served as powerful motivation in waking me from my coma, and all the way through my long, tedious, painful recovery back to this office. "

AJ stopped her, correcting her actions again," it's not just one thing. Remember the whole 743 incident?" The handler stayed silent by that one file of the past assignment, she heard him continued, " and let's not forget that you try to get Maya off the board by the one incident and recent."

The handler stutter, " s-she did that. And I did not lie." Then she stands up, by her defense.
" she did not do her task correctly on that mission when she complete for being on the board." She really does not like Maya that much, the handler always sees her as a rival trying to take one a head of Maya. Trying to please AJ.

" well, in the boards defense we believe Maya. She noticed it you give her false information by going on that mission but luckily she caught on. she is staying on the board... For now. Until we discuss with her on what happened. Final discussion." He pointed at her, holding onto his cigarette. "...but be happy you're still employed."

The handler was not having it, was about to speak something else but she bite her tongue, she wanted to make up to the board and him. " give me two days. AJ, give me two freaking days. I will make this right." she said in a desperate encouragement, knocking on his desk.

He stared at her thinking what she said to him but spoke once again. " the task has already been reassigned. " he told her, then clicks the intercom call button. " send him in. "

An employee walks in, as it was herb one of the case managers. The handler looks at him, then towards AJ. Shocked that he's her new boss. Besides AJ.

" herb?" She said to him, " you're sending him after Five and Maya?"

" don't be ridiculous. We've already sent operatives into the field. Herb is your new... Supervisor. " AJ

The handler laughs at this news to her. Herb was smiling at the news. " oh, this... This is a joke, right?" She looked at herb then to AJ. Pointing at herb. " I've dropped turds bigger than herb."

" someone needs fiber. " herb comment at her, chortling. She heard him, quickly turned towards him. Making him quite.

" please show the handler to her new desk. " AJ told herb.

" I took a bullet in the head for this company." the handler

" And we thanked you for your service. " AJ told her, continuing smoking.

The handler stared at him, then soon herb took her to her new desk. At the case manager room.

" home sweet home. " herb showed her.

Everyone stopped typing as soon they saw her walking into the room. But then continues typing. She was about to walk towards the front desk near the chalk board.

But herb stopped her, " oh, um... Your desk is....Over there. "

He pointed towards the desk in the middle of the room. Walking towards the desk in the middle of the room. She walked to the desk,. Herb being jumping.