Chapter VII (Confessions)

After that meeting, her relationship with Tezuka became more strained than ever. They don't exchange greetings or any word. Sometimes she caught him looking at her but she just ignores him. Besides Tezuka, she had another dilemma to deal with- it's Fuji. It's been two weeks she was avoiding him. She had thread many alibi's she could just to avoid him.

The bell rang for their lunch time. She immediately packed her things afraid that Fuji might see her.

"Boo...!" Someone scared her and she had dropped her pencil case on the floor. She wanted to shout at the person who scare her, but when she look who it was- Fuji was picking up her pens on the floor.

"Running away?" He said as he half stop picking her pens. She can't answer back to him for he hit the right word. She felt she was nailed on her chair.

"Why are you avoiding me?" He handed her pencil case to her. She released a sigh as he sit beside her. She notices that only the two of them in their classroom. When she was about to open her mouth, his index finger was on her lips. She felt the warmth of his finger and her cheeks flushed as she looks on the other direction.

"Can we just be friends?" Her voice croaked as she asked the question. His beautiful face distorted a little displaying a frown. He caught her chin to face him and lean closer- a few inches away. Her cheeks flushed more red as her heart starts to thump faster.

"No..." He answered hardly while he was looking intently at her. She doesn't know why she can't move.

"But if you are comfortable with me being your friend, I can't do anything about it." He whispered to her as he moves away from her. He was smiling and she felt relieve with his words.

"Fuji, thanks." She said gratefully as she smiled back to him.

"It doesn't mean that I will give up my feelings for you even though I say that we can be friends." He said in sadistic tone.

"Eh?" She was dumbfounded.

"You must know I don't give up without a fight." He said seriously. "I think you should know that." He continued as he tucked the hair to her ear.

"Moo, this is embarrassing..." She said to herself. "Can we just go back being comfortable with each other?" She asked. "Let's just be friends." He released a sigh as he heard the words.

"Okay, if that's what you want but with one condition." He said pasting his sadistic smile on his face.

"Condition...?" Her brows knit.

"I will walk you home every day." He answered and she thought for a moment.

"But... You attend tennis practice every day. It means I need to wait for you?" She asked.

"Yes." He answered. "You seem to wait for Tezuka in the past, remember?" His tone becomes more sadistic than teasing. She doesn't know what Fuji want her to be? A masochist? "Or do you want me to court you?" He was giving her options.

"Such a sadist..." She said to herself. She will have to endure the pain of seeing Tezuka with Aya in their tennis practice. It gives her pain in the neck.

"Do you agree with my condition?" He asked impatiently.

"Do I have a choice?" She answered in disgust as she sighs. He smiled at her answer seem satisfied.

"Okay, let's see each other later. Bye..." He left her alone.

"What did I just say???" She muttered to herself as she touches her forehead.

When their class ended, she felt heavy as she goes to the tennis courts. When she was at the tennis courts, she saw the regulars doing their warm up exercises. She notice her cousin is not yet around. Momo and Eiji saw her.