Dick couldn't even argue with that one. "Are you saying gods aren't rich?"

"The closest thing to money my dad's given me is a sand dollar," Percy snickered.

He laughed, and though it sounded like a joke, he had come to identify that almost sheepish tone to mean she was being completely serious.

"Twenty minutes," he admitted, reluctantly, "I can take another fifteen, but that might be stretching it."

Percy slipped her hand into his, a stinging shock of warmth in the harsh wind.

"It's okay, we've got time to enjoy the peace, right?" she said, making Dick's heart swell to a size too big to fit within his chest, "How about coffee?"

LINEBREAK

Percy hadn't thought it through enough, hadn't thought about it at all, actually. So when she swung open the glass door, stepped inside, and saw Brenda's gaze zero in their clasped hands, she had no one to blame but herself.

"This is a new development," the woman commented mildly, as they approached the counter, though her narrowed eyes told an entirely different story.

The look Brenda gave the two of them made Percy laugh nervously and let go of his hand to bring hers to the back of her neck.

"Yeah, very new."

Dick glanced briefly between the two of them, before putting on a friendly smile.

"Now you have to consider me a friend."

"I have less of an inclination to befriend you than before," Brenda said dryly. "How exactly did this happen, because just a few days ago, you saw him," she continued, pointing a pen from her to Dick, "and nearly had a mental breakdown. What did you do, Grayson?"

Dick looked taken aback for a fraction of a second before guilt crossed his face. Percy immediately disliked that expression on him, especially when he actually hadn't done anything at all.

"Nothing happened, it was just a misunderstanding. My fault, really, I..." she trailed off, not having a good explanation ready.

"No," Dick cut in smoothly, "It was mine. I was going through a rough time after Blockbuster killed those cops at city hall and went radio silent, which I shouldn't have, but we talked it out."

"So did I, though, so it's not just on him," Percy added, getting two sets of exasperated looks, "Either way, we're good now, great even."

"So, you've made up your mind," Brenda said, raising an eyebrow.

Percy smiled involuntarily, looking sideways at Dick, because as it turned out, her mind had been made up since the very beginning. His eyes visibly softened.

"Yeah, I have," she said.

Brenda hummed, staring at Dick for a long moment. He nearly fidgeted under her greyish eyes but remained still until she found what she was looking for and finally spoke.

"Prison wasn't so bad the first time around, and I have no problem with going back."

Percy instantly blanched. "You've been to prison?"

Her reaction went ignored, but Dick barely seemed surprised by the admission, so maybe he had already known or suspected.

"I'll be on my best behavior," he promised, seriously.

Brenda's posture finally uncoiled, raising her hand to tap at the register, and Percy slumped her shoulders in relief as she placed her order. Dick asked for the same drink, sliding a card out from his wallet, but right before he handed it over, he paused, frowning.