But that doesn't mean it stung any less for him. His heart squeezed painfully when he realised he was all alone in this World.

After all the hearing the League decided to do a Psychic test, to make sure that everything the witnesses said were truth. This was also nothing more than a show.

Three Psychics were called. They were Lucian of Sinnoh Elite Four, Caitlin of Unova Elite Four and finally Will of Johto Elite Four.

Now Ash could easily stop their mental scans with his Aura. But he knows it wouldn't accomplish much.

Both Lucian and Will didn't knew Ash personally, so they immediately voted against him, saying the witnesses were speaking the truth.

At last came Caitlin of Unova Elite Four who was a good friend. It was Ash who had helped her in getting her Psychic powers under control, which often caused her massive headaches.

Caitlin couldn't even look at Ash's eyes, knowing she would break down if she looked at the eyes of someone who she secretly loved. Someone who did so much for her.

Someone she is about to betray.

"I am sorry" She spoke to him telepathically before she hardened her eyes and spoke loudly "The testimonies of the Witnesses are truth. Ash Ketchum is guilty of all the crimes he is listed"

The Jury, who was waiting for this opportunity, nodded and turned to Ash "Will the accused say anything for his defense?".

Ash shook his head in negative, so the Judge declared his sentence.

"This Court and the PAL (Pokemon Association League) finds Ashura Ketchum guilty of all crimes. And hereby sentenced him to the highest capital Punishment" The Judge banged his gravel "Death by Lethal Injection. The execution will take place after two Weeks"

There was cheering and applause as the Death Sentence was given. Caitlin looked pale as she shakily moved towards her seatseat, knowing she just condemned her innocent friend.    

Armed guards soon arrived and edcorted him to the darkest Cell in chains. The League knowing about Ash's powers decided to weaken him before his execution by making sure he doesn't receive any food or water.

For two Weeks, Ash was kept in dark isolation, without food or water, his body weakened and still injured from his fight with Eternatus. His Aura tried to heal his body, but Eternatus's attacks being Spiritual in nature had depleted nearly all his Aura.

The day before his execution, Arceus appeared in his dreams declaring.

"We are taking the title of Chosen One from you" The God said bluntly and without any emotiom.

Why? Ash wanted to ask. But he didn't because he knows the reason. His usefulness had expired. He will die tomorrow and the World would need a new Chosen One to safeguard it.

So he accepted the decision with his typical smile, a smile which hides the thousand sorrows.

Even his own God, whom he had served for so many years with absolute loyalty, betrayed him.

The next day he was escorted to the execution chamber, which had a camera on the ceiling. No doubt to broadcast his death across the World, as many wanted to see the end of the monster.

Ash was strapped in the chair while the injection was redied. The League knows that he is different and normal poison won't work, so they had stolen Team Chiper's Shadow Poison, something which is deadly enough to subdue a Legendary. It would undoubtedly kill him if he didn't allow his Aura to heal him.

After everything was ready the Executioner asked him "Any Last Words?"

Ash just looked towards the camera with a smile "Don't worry. I understand" He said softly "And I forgive you all".

The Executioner along with many across the globe were confused by Ash's words, but those who knew him understood it. They felt their heart break, as they realised that even after their betrayal, Ash forgived them.

Soon the order was given as the Poison was injected inside him. His Aura tried to neutralise the poison but Ash firmly stopped that from happening. He clenched his teeth as excruciating pain erupted all across his body. The poison felt like someone had poured acid inside his blood and set his insides on fire.

But he maintained his smile, even as the poison ate away his insides. Even as his body weakened, as the light of his eyes slowly dimmed and his breathing became shallow before it stopped.

Ashura Ketchum died at the age of 17 with a smile on his face. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell man! I am literally crying while writing this chapter. I can't write sad scenes without being emotional and teary eyed.

This chapter basically shows how quick humans can turn on each other with the slightest of rumours. And let's be honest it happens in the real World too.  

Hope you liked this Prologue. Please leave a review below and let me know how it was.