𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

(1525)

To His Excellency, Suleiman the Magnificent, Grand Sultan of the Ottoman Empire and Caliph of Islam,

In this hour of gratitude, we, on behalf of His Most Christian Majesty, Francis I, extend our profound thanks for the valour and dedication of your troops on the fields of Pavia. Your Ottoman warriors fought with unwavering courage alongside our French forces, and their contribution was instrumental in the defence of our shared values.

The blood spilled together on that hallowed battlefield cements the enduring bond between our great nations. It is with the utmost respect and admiration that we acknowledge your support.

Yours in eternal alliance,
The Court of France

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

(1526)
To the Esteemed French Embassy in France,

On behalf of His Excellency, Suleiman the Magnificent, Grand Sultan of the Ottoman Empire and Caliph of Islam, we extend our gracious assurances of peace and protection to the French Christians residing in Constantinople.

It is the will of the Caliph that your community may continue to live in harmony and security within our great city. Your presence is valued, and your rights and beliefs shall be safeguarded under the banner of the Ottoman Empire.

May this be a testament to our commitment to religious tolerance and coexistence.

With respect and goodwill,
Pargali Ibrahim Pasha, Grand Vizier of the Ottoman Empire

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

(1552)
To His Excellency, Lufti Pasha, Vizier of the Ottoman Empire,

In these trying times, France faces a formidable adversary in the Holy Roman Empire. We humbly beseech the esteemed Ottoman Empire for support in our efforts to defend our lands and preserve our sovereignty.

In the spirit of our enduring alliance, we earnestly request a sum of 100,000 gold ducats to bolster our war chest and ensure our shared victory.

Yours in hope and solidarity,
Maurice Gamellin, on behalf of Henry II, King of France

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

(1555)
To His Royal Highness, Henry II, King of France,

In recognition of our longstanding alliance, we, on behalf of His Excellency, Suleiman the Magnificent, pledge our naval strength to aid you in your struggle against the Holy Roman Empire.

Our finest sailors and ships shall join your fleet, ensuring the security of our shared interests and the triumph of our mutual cause.

With the promise of maritime might,
Kara Ahmad Pasha, Grand Vizier of the Ottoman Empire

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

(1559)
To the Illustrious Rustem Pasha, Vizier of the Ottoman Empire,

In pursuit of a different form of alliance, I write to inquire whether there may be an opportunity for a dynastic connection between our great empires. My younger brother, Charles de Valois, remains unmarried, and I believe that such a union could further fortify the bonds between our illustrious realms.

I beseech you to consider swiftly whether there is a noble Ottoman family with a suitable match for my brother.

With the utmost respect and interest,
Francis II, King of France