day 5

kokushibo stared at the sleeping child demon with curiosity. the girl seemed to be in deep slumber which piqued interest to the upper moon since demons quite literally did not need sleep. they needed human flesh to keep them alive and prevent them from going insane. 

not once did y/n spoke of eating human flesh. odd. the six eyed demon thought to himself. the child who was cuddled on his lap had a contented expression plastered on her face. 

she seemed so at peace, it was almost serene. no doubt that this child was an odd demon, perhaps even a new type of demon. one that needed sleep to replenish her desire to feast on humans. she also had the ability to stomach food. 

this sparked the interest of the demon lord. despite only giving her a small droplet of blood, she had evolved into such an unordinary demon. she was his prized asset since she could be used to infiltrate the corps. it was merely just a foreplan but the demon lord had thought about it. 

it was already noon and after the small excursion trip at night, y/n immediately fell asleep on kokushibo's shoulders. the demon then placed her on his lap and it had been like that for the past few hours. 

a couple moments later, h/c eyes fluttered open. her lashes moving upwards and downwards while the child wiped the sleep off her eyes. vision hazy and with a big yawn, y/n had unknowingly hugged kokushibo since the fabric that he was wearing was soft. it made y/n think that she was hugging a pillow. 

the elder demon stayed motionless. he could hear the faintest dewdrop of leaves. a trail of soft words left y/n as she snuggled her head into kokushibo's torso. 

slowly, kokushibo moved y/n to a more comfortable position and patted her head gently. y/n's eyes finally flew open at the person patting her head softly. 

"shibo?"
y/n muttered out, her eyes squinting when she was met with a purple and black cloth. 

"do you want more sleep?" 
the upper moon asked, halting his pats as he gazed at y/n, his six eyes not blinking at all. 

y/n shook her head in return, moving and adjusting herself. her bird necklace moving in synchronisation with her. now seated on kokushibo's lap, y/n had a giddy smile on her face. she was energised and ready for another day's adventure. 

kokushibo didn't want to admit it but y/n had grown onto him like how the other upper demons were getting fond of her. 

༊*·˚

their bonding time was cut short when nakime had played her biwa, teleporting the two. y/n who was now wide awake, saw her father figure looking quite angered. y/n didn't know why muzan was pissed. getting off from kokushibo's lap, y/n made her way to muzan. 

her smile never fading from her face, y/n got her upsies and patted the demon lord's head. his white hat absent from his head gave y/n full access to his unruly black hair. the protruding fangs from y/n's smile peeked out making her look utterly adorable. not that any demon would verbally agree with it. 

no words were exchanged between then. the action made muzan reconsider his emotions. seeing the smile on y/n's face made him less frustrated at the failure of demons he had created. 

time was fleeting and the demon lord needed to go back to his undercover human life. 

"who would you like to go with?" 
the demon progenitor asked, adjusting his grip on y/n as he was only holding her on one arm. 

"rainbow!" 
y/n replied. she was referring to douma who had fascinating rainbow eyes. muzan didn't understand what y/n had meant but after hearing her inner monologue, he grasped that y/n wanted the upper moon two to take care of her.