1

"I thought you could save her. You save people, Dad!"

" 'Suro....she was the one who decided. She was already dying. We did our best to convince her."

"She said she would fight."

"I know you are hurt by her passing but when the time comes you will realise she did what was best for us. For all of us. For you. She saved us, 'Suro ."

Maybe it was a dream...I see the glimpse across the hospital door of an argument I was not sure whether I was making in my head, or it was real. I could not see the man the boy was talking to but I did see the few traces of the boy himself. He was tall. His face was hidden but he was wearing a red jersey. The jersey had his school's name. "Nekoma..." and his jersey number 1.

The moment I opened my eyes, I saw the sunlight dropping, and Hiro softly opening the door to wake me up.

"Tomorrow you start school...are you sure you are going to be fine?"

"Yes, Hiro...Thanks for worrying about me." I say not affirming his worries, clutching my blanket with a yawn.

It was not the first time Hiro protested against me going to school. After all, I had always been weak. He preferred I got home-schooled.

I wanted the same until now. Honestly, I did not think I'd live long until I opened my eyes 6 months ago. After the surgery, all I saw were unfamiliar faces. I felt I was in the body of a different person. My heart especially, belonged to a different person. But I felt alive, I wanted to experience life.

"You know you need to call me after every class..." He spoke.

I raised my brows, signalling him that would be too much.

"Fine..." He signed. "Drop a text at least."

I smiled and nodded.

He stood near the door for a few seconds. I could see the relief in his eyes. For him, the worst nightmare was over. I survived. My breathing right now was a miracle in itself.

"Hiro.." I say.

I see the tears in his eyes.

"I almost gave up on you...y/n. I did everything I could to save you until they told me...I had no options." Hiro exclaimed.

It was about time we had this conversation. Judging by the appearances, Hiro was more scared about my death than I was. I could see the bags under his eyes, the tiredness, the chapped lips. He was finally now gaining weight. Promised me he would now stop smoking.

"It was never about you saving me. Matter of fact Hiro, you did not save me." I spoke. I sounded rude. Hiro took a deep breath in.

"But you did help me survive...I am here because of you." I finally thanked him in my own way.

"You moved across the country so I can get proper treatment. You never stopped searching for a donor. So, in reality, you never gave up." I smile.

Hiro gulped down his tears and nodded. I weakly walked towards him and gave him a hug. He softly hugged me back.

"Ouch..." I said, which made Hiro panic. "Omg did you hurt yourself wait..." Hiro asked. I burst out laughing. "Kidding...you have to stop being paranoid. I can take care of myself." I say.

Hiro shook his head and softly flicked my forehead. He laughed in response.

"Not until we get the final reports back. Come on, our appointment is on time. Let's hurry." Hiro says. I nod.