"And??" a mix of anxiety and anticipation twists his stomach into knots as he waits for the producer to answer.

"Yeah that's it," Yoongi says quietly, suddenly too serious.

Jungkook keeps as still as possible, afraid to even breathe. He waits as his friend gathers his thoughts. Eventually Yoongi looks up, but it's the look of someone lifting the weight of the world with his eyelids, and offers Jungkook nothing more than a simple shrug.

"He... was there. They sat on the staircase of a house. They talked. They drank. They seemed close," Yoongi blinks absent-mindledy. He has transported himself to that moment. Jungkook can tell, he is reliving it. "He looked okay."

A single feather floats in the sky. Past it, Yoongi's hands tigthen where they are holding his bowl of soup. Jungkook feels his chest burn with anger.

"You didn't talk to him, did you?"

Yoongi's gaze snaps away from him. "It wasn't the right time."

"Hyung."

Yoongi sighs relentlessly, suddenly looking defensive and stressed out. His hands are shaking so much his bowl falls out of his hands, startling them both. Yoongi curses, grabbing it by the corner but giving up halfway. The bowl falls back on the ground. Jungkook purses his lips as their eyes tentatively meet. "Don't look at me like you never dropped a bowl before. Besides, I couldn't confront him alone, could I?! Somebody ditched their friend—ah ah ah, don't even—" he interrupts as Jungkook opens his mouth. "Don't make me use it against you 'cuz I actually didn't mind, but now I will?" The more he talks, the cuter his argument gets, and somehow the tension in the air melts into Yoongi looking adorably defensive and Jungkook trying not to laugh at him. "What? W-what are you trying to say with that fucking expression?"

"Nothing. You literally told me not to talk—"

"Damn right I did," Yoongi aggressively leans back, back hitting the chair as he turns his head in all directions, hot and bothered in a failed attempt to escape Jungkook's attention. "Piece of shit. Having the time of his life while I go through hell."

Jungkook's gasps in surprise, but Yoongi is quick to catch on.

"Not you. That..." his lips do an upset tremble and he grumbles under his breath, "ranch."

Despite the gravity of Yoongi's anxiety about meeting Hoseok, Jungkook can't help but think he is just not meant to be a gangster. Really. He may act all fired up and spit some fire rap, but Yoongi is essentially some soft-hearted dude who romanticizes the idea of following his heart. Otherwise, they wouldn't he sitting here with stomachs full of soup he made early morning despite Jungkook quite literally ditching him at his single most crucial moment in this trip.

God, Jungkook needs to get it together. Immediately.

"So what now? We go back to his house? Catch him off-guard?" he proposes eagerly.

Yoongi looks guilty. "I don't know. I'll figure something out."

"Wait what do you mean—"

"Figure out your own shit first," Yoongi raises his chin up, not minding the surprise on Jungkook's face. "I'm not trying to be mean to you but I also think you need to hear it to heal yourself."

Jungkook is literally taken aback, frozen in place as he tries to figure out when this entire thing became about him.

"Don't get me wrong, but you're kind of a perfectionist. If you want to live your life like that, fine. Noone cares. Do what you want aimma," Yoongi snaps his neck forward, eyebrows furrowed as he seriously lectures Jungkook. "But you can't expect someone like Jimin to be like you."