Then before I knew it it was game day against Costa Rica. We started the game off strong scoring 3 within the first 20 minutes. With around 3 minutes left in the half Viv scored another. 

Coming out of the half we started pretty slowly but found the back of the net again around the 60th minute mark putting us up 5-0. We scored again 5 minutes later. Then something I had not expected happened. Right after we scored our 6th goal Sarina looked at me and beckoned me towards her. She told me to start warming up and 5 minutes later in the 70th minute I was standing next to the fourth official and my number 8 lit up in green on the board. Viv jogged towards me beaming and hugged me whispering into my ear. "Go smash it Kind." 

Over the loud speakers I heard my name and number being called. "Now coming into the game for Vivianne Miedema is number 8 Rhaina Van Haan!!!!!" The crowd roared. I ran towards the edge of the circle and play resumed. We were just 6 minutes later we scored again off of a corner kick, this time Jill able to put her head to it. 

Then with 2 minutes left in stoppage time it happened. Sari volleyed the ball to around the halfway line and Jackie controlled it beautifully. She dribbled it up a few yards then I ran behind her making a overlap. She back heeled it to me and I looked up I noticed Shanice coming down the field but saw that she wouldn't get there in time. I checked the opposing keeper, noticing that she was slightly off her line. I took a cut back and hit the ball with my right foot a few yards out side of the 18 yard box. The ball curled up into the right top corner chipping over the keeper and going in. I just stood there in surprise. Then all the other girls ran towards me and jumped onto me. I had just scored a top bin goal from 25 or so yards out. Adding the 8th goal to the tally.

We started the game again but minutes later the final whistle blew and ended the game 8-0. Jill ran up to me and jumped on my back, Viv following close after her. We celebrated and shook hands with the officials and the other team for about 10 more minutes then slowly tricked back into the locker rooms. Sarina gave us a quick talk then we all went off to shower, get undressed and what not. 

When we got back to the team hotel we headed straight to dinner. Tonight we had pasta, salad, and some fruits. Pasta had never been my favorite food by far, the amount of calories in it scared me. I got a small bowl of pasta, a bowl of salad and a few pieces of fruit.

I sat down next to Viv, the other girls at the table included Jill, Dom, Sherida, Lieke and Steph. I pushed around the pieces of pasta in my bowl while listening to the girls at my table talk. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and I looked up at Viv. 

"You should probably stop playing with your food and actually eat it."  Viv said. "You played a lot today, you need to make up for it." I nodded and put a piece of the pasta in my mouth but then went back to absentmindedly pushing my pasta around. After the talk started dying down and people started finishing with their food Sari stood up and went to the front of the room holding a cap. Everyone looked up at her as she cleared her throat.

"As you all know today we had a debut for our team." Sari looked at me. "Honestly this is such an incredible accomplishment and to do it at such a young age is so incredible. And also scoring on your debut is just amazing. So congratulations and I can't wait to play with you even more in the future." She held out the cap towards me. I stood up and walked towards her, I could feel the eyes on my back. I took the cap and hugged her. 

"Well um, thank you so much for this, I'm so honored to be able to debut with such an amazing team and this means so much to me. Thank you to the coaching staff, team and everyone else for believing in me and giving me to opportunity. And I look forwards to playing more games in orange." I said, looking out into the room not really knowing where to look. The players all clapped and cheered and after waiting for the media staff to finish taking some pictures of me with the cap I walked back to my seat.