Marriage Preparation & A Possible Betrothal

Start from the beginning

"I couldn't agree more."

They heard the sounds of a shouting crowd outside the Sept.

"Shall we go and see them? If you give them your love, they will return it a thousandfold. I've spoken with them. I know how they feel about you. You led the defense of King's Landing. They adore you." Margaery suggested.

"Open the doors." Joffrey commanded.

The guards opened the doors.

"Joffrey. Wait." Cersei said.

Joffrey and Margaery stepped out of the sept.

At first it was only woman who could be heard.

"Lady Margaery!"

"Lady Margaery!"

"Bless you, Lady Margaery!"

Margaery waved to the crowd.

"Lady Margaery!"

"Lady Margaery!"

"Margaery!"

"Long live Lady Margaery!"

Joffrey looked to Margaery and she smiled. He joined her in waving. Suddenly it was a chorus of shouts from men and women.

"King Joffrey!"

"King Joffrey!"

"King Joffrey!"

"King Joffrey!"

"Gods bless King Joffrey!"

[King's Landing - Red Keep, Tywin's Chambers]

Lord Tywin Lannister wrote while Cersei looked on, impatiently.

"You wanted to speak to me?" Tywin asked, not looking up.

"Yes, about Jaime."

"What about him?"

"I wanted to make sure we're doing everything we can to get him back."

"When Catelyn Stark took Tyrion prisoner, what did I do in response?"

"You started a war."

"And if I would start a war for that lecherous little stump, what do you think I am doing for my oldest son and heir?"

"Whatever you can."

"Whatever I can." Tywin sealed the letter he finished and started another one. "You're still here."

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Did it ever occur to you that I might be the one who deserves your confidence and your trust, not your sons? Not Jaime or Tyrion, but me. Years and years of lectures on family and legacy- the same lecture, really, just with tiny, tedious variations- did it ever occur to you that your daughter might be the only one listening to them? Living by them? That she might have the most to contribute to your legacy that you love so much more than your actual children?"

"All right. Contribute."

"The Tyrells are a problem."

"The Tyrells helped us defeat Stannis Baratheon. The Tyrells saved your life, your children's lives."

"Margaery has her claws in Joffrey. She knows how to manipulate him."

"Good. I wish you knew how to manipulate him. I don't distrust you because you're a woman. I distrust you because you're not as smart as you think you are. You've allowed that boy to ride roughshod over you and everyone else in this city." Tywin then resumed writing.