[0] bird of prey

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ °

° °

Seventeen year old Pandora Vasquez is an ordinary person. Well... they like to think that they used to be one.

After receiving an eviction notice from their landlord, Pan decides that it's time to stop writing depressing poetry, get off their lazy ass and make some goddamn money— because their dad sure as hell isn't. Keith Vazquez lost his job shortly after Pan's mother went missing a few years ago, leaving Pan and their sister Cassidy without a mother. The three of them have been surviving on the money she left behind. Pan's mother did leave them a trust fund for both Pan and Cassidy, but they won't be able to access it until they turn twenty. And now that their mother's money is gone, Pan needs to stop wasting time trying to encourage their father to get off the couch. His depression is holding him back, and the only thing Pan can do is get him some therapy. But like most things, that requires money; money that they don't have. But first, Pan needs to make sure that they don't lose their apartment.

Desperate for a job, Pan creates a fake resume in order to get hired as fast as possible. In between school and taking care of their dad, Pan searches for jobs everywhere they can: in the newspaper, at local stores, online. Pan even applied for a position at her classmate's bakery! Eventually they come across a strange online ad for some high paying
undercover job. It sounded fancy, and Pan knew it'd be hard to get away with faking their resume for it— plus, the job was extremely vague and mysterious— but once they saw how much money they got per hour, they knew they at least had to try.

And much to their surprise, they got a job offer that same day. Being desperate, Pan didn't even think twice in accepting the offer— especially since they got paid right away for accepting it. That money alone was enough to pay for their past months rent and delay the eviction. Whoever their new boss was had to be rich, and Pan didn't care what undercover detective shit they had to do now. As long as they kept getting paid, they were happy. Besides, they love to eavesdrop, so this undercover job shouldn't be all that different.

 Besides, they love to eavesdrop, so this undercover job shouldn't be all that different