XXXX| Merry Christmas?

Start from the beginning

"Nice to meet you," Marco said as he smiled at Lando.

"You too mate," Lando returned kindly.

"Mira, are you sure you don't want more food?" Marco asked as he handed the cat began to took place behind the oven.

"I'm okay, thank you Marco," Mira denied. "I really don't eat much."

"Unless you have Churros or waffles, she loves those." Lando added playfully.

"I do have waffles!" Marco clapped.

"Really?" 

Mira's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree as Marco pulled out of dessert waffles, something Mira simply adored. Who need diamond necklaces when someone had waffles on hand?

"Do you have ice cream too?" She whispered and Marco nodded. "Yay,"

"You're so cute, I love you," Lando whispered in her ear and kissed her cheek.

Luke smiled softly from where he sat on the sofa, glad his younger sister finally found someone who appreciated and understood her quirks when no one else had. For a long time, Luke was terrified Mira would end up alone, especially knowing Esme would eventually find someone too.

"Where is Esme spending Christmas?" Luke questioned as it came to mind.

"She and Pato O'ward have really hit it off," Mira gossiped. "She's with his family after he found out she doesn't have much family."

"I'm glad, Esme is lovely," Luke replied.

Then came the knock at the door.

Mira bit her lip and crossed her fingers in hopes Mike would at least play nice while they were all together. Besides, he was supposed to be bringing his girlfriend too and Mira doubted he'd want to make that big of a fool of himself.

"Yo Mike," Luke's voice echoed. "Mika, right?"

"Hi," A kind but bold voice replied.

As the newcomers stepped into the room, Mira looked up.

Mika Elean was a stunning woman with a captivating elegance that draws the eye. Her dark skin radiated warm glow, and her striking height only made her more attractive. Her short hair frames her face in a way that highlights her features and the golden circular glasses perched on her nose add a touch of whimsy to the overall look. Although Mira thinks Mika seemed quite kind, she doesn't appear to be someone she would associate with Mike.

"Nice to meet you Mira, I'm Mika but I go by Kiki." Kiki nodded kindly. "Mike has told me lots about you."

"He has?" Mira replied shyly. "Uh, not bad things?"

"No!" Kiki shook her head.

Mira soon came to realise how annoying it was going to be to have Mike and Mika. What were the chances of them both ending up together with those names? She was like Mika went by Kiki.

"I'm Lando," The brunette introduced once they stopped talking,"Nice to meet you."

"I know who you are," Kiki replied brightly. "Nice to meet ya too."

This caused Mike to huff quietly behind his girlfriend as Mira glanced at him. 

"Kiki is from Scotland," Mike spoke up loudly in an attempt to move on from the current conversation.

"Don't be rude Mike," Kiki combated, hitting his shoulder slightly.

Mira and Luke gaped as they titled their heads in sync. Neither of them, in all their years old the planet, had seen someone stand up to Mike the way this new woman had. Both siblings were both impressed and terrified all at the same time.

"Yes, Mike, don't be rude," Marco barked, adoring the situation. "Okay, I have cooked!"

"I've heard you're a chef!" Kiki began as she moved to start talking to Marco.

"Hello Lando," Mike's lip held a straight line. "Mira, you haven't visited me in five weeks. What have you been doing?"

"I've been winning a pro-championship, Mike," Mira replied smoothly. "And running a charity and everything else.

"Oh...you won?"

Mira almost slapped him. He had no clue. She understood if he didn't want to watch it and she even understood if he didn't know what it was but the least he could have done was check damn google to see if his only sister, who he had raised, had achieved her dream.

"She did," Lando said happily. "No competition."

"You're exaggerating a little," Mira insisted as she sat down at the table.

"I don't exaggerate," Lando replied sarcastically.

"Okay so when you said my cat could summon lighting because he's Thor—"

"That was a joke."

"It was a terrible joke."

"I tried," said Lando sheepishly. "My sister would find it funny."

"I'll ask her tomorrow, I bet she won't," Mira sung.

Despite the small hiccup, Mike had done a good job of not bringing any arguments into Christmas day and Mira appreciated that. She knew her brother just wanted to protect her but he was a little too much sometimes and he needed to remember she was an adult too.

Marco also made frozen dessert waffles into a masterpiece and Mira would have given him a trophy if she had won.

"Have fun in Dubai, okay?" Luke mumbled as she hugged her. "And stay safe."

"I will," Mira replied. "Lando looks after me, Luke."

"I know he does," Luke smiled.

Mira turned to Mike, who didn't seem too happy with knowing Mira was going to Dubai.

"Say goodbye to your sister, Mike, and Lando," Kiki insisted with an annoyed look at her boyfriend. "Don't be a dick."

"Bye Mira, Lando."

"I like you, we're gonna keep you in the family," Marco grinned at Kiki. "Luke and Mira are too nice."

Kiki winked,"Someone has to keep him in check. Have fun in Dubai, you two!"

"Thanks," Lando replied happily.

"Merry Christmas!" Mira exclaimed as she left the flat.