054

Breon|B3 POV
9:00 am.
Miami, Florida.

Today was the day I been dreaming of since I was lil Breon. My pops would finally get out of jail. I'm nervous and happy at the same time. The last time I seen my pops is when I took that little vacation to jail. I'm already knowing he ready to see his baby boy and his baby girl.

Ari was still sleeping but I got up early this morning, I was definitely anticipating this.

"Ari get up cuhs." I said shaking her.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"Nine." I said.

"Okay." She said.

"You scared?" She asked.

"A little i don't know why tho i talked to him recently." I said.

"Maybe you scared of new beginnings." She said and she was exactly right.

I was scared of how my pops would effect my life now that he's out. See behind the cell he couldn't really effect me but now he can. I wonder if he gone stay out of trouble or continue to do the same things that landed him in there to begin with.

"Don't worry about it just get ready Ari." I said.

"You don't have to be so tough all the time you know? I'm here and I know my brother you're scared and it's perfectly fine." She said.

"I do have to be strong I'm a man." I said.

"Well sometimes you can turn your gangsta down." She said.

"Coming from somebody who can't say a full sentence without some type of slang." I said.

"I know son all this sentimental stuff for the birds." She said.

"But nah for real turn it down you know, even I turn it down sometimes I be just chilling." She said.

"Girl go take a shower and get ready." I said.

45 minutes later..

"You ready?" I asked her.

"Yeah is ma coming?" She asked.

"No she said she'll be at the dinner we supposed to have with him tonight tho." I said.

"Oh well let's do it then." She said as I grabbed my keys.

"Let's do it. " I said.

All my childhood memories of him are about to be fulfilled. All the years I went without him is over. I needed him the most as a teenager growing up in the projects with no guidance. Living in Compton wasn't easy at all.

Flashback

"Yeah fasho." Bree said.

"There he go." Was all I heard before I started hearing gun shots.

I held on to my gun as I was running.

This was a normal day in park village.

"Bree hit the cut and go towards your house." I said.

"And where you gone go?" She asked.

"Mrs.Tasha house it's right there." I said.

"Okay love you man." She said.

"Love you too cuhs." I said running towards Mrs.Tasha door.

I banged on the door two times waiting on an answer.

Flashback over

I sighed. I needed my pops the most during those times. I was running around with a gun on me just living fast. Live life fast you die young and that's why I slowed down.