"Are you okay?" Monty asked, snapping me out of my trance. I think he noticed the expression on my face because I felt my mouth open a bit. And when he looked at me he looked a bit worried too, maybe even confused.

"Mhm," I began, taking a deep breath. "What's gonna happen?"

"Well, we're gonna tell them it's survivable and they'll come down, hopefully."

I mumbled, hoping he couldn't hear me, "I don't want them to."

"What?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing," I said. I don't understand why they had to come down. I knew some of the prisoners here had little to no family up there. I knew Monty had his mom up there, same with Clarke. Dr. Griffen was okay, I liked her. I just didn't want my mother to come down. A little part of me hoped she had gotten floated or something, but another part of me wanted her alive. I wanted my mom, not my mother.

Quietly, I watched Monty focusing real hard to try to get this radio working with a wristband. I thought about distracting him with silly questions that I already knew, and I did.

"How are you gonna use a wristband to talk to the Ark?" I was on at least my fifteenth question by now. I asked him about the ground and other random stuff that I already knew. This question, I was real curious about.

"Can I just focus on doing this? I'll talk to you later, Cassidy," Monty told me, I could tell he was a bit annoyed at me. I wanted to continue but I decided not to test his patience.

I distanced myself from him and decided to play in a corner. I had a couple of rocks and a stick in my pocket so I just played with those and my dinosaur. I've always been used to playing alone.

Everyone was doing something to help. The other kids were building a wall and gate, Monty trying to talk to the Ark, and Clarke and them were looking for Jasper. As for me, I'm here, playing like a little kid. I wished I could help but I didn't know how. Maybe I could've if I paid good attention to Earth skills. Instead, I slept or zoned off to my own little world.

My dad used to always say I had my own world. I'd always drift off somewhere, thinking of something else when I didn't want to listen. When I think of my own world, It'd probably have a coliseum and the population would be mostly dinosaurs. They'd be nice to me, nicer than anyone else here. Up there too.

Maybe if I listened more, my dad wouldn't be dead and I wouldn't have gone to jail. I never knew what happened to orphan kids, if my mom went to jail instead, where would I be? I had no answer to my question and I knew no one else here would have one either. Maybe Bellamy did. Because he used to be a guard but not an official high rank one.

After a while, Octavia ended up coming up with some guy. I couldn't tell who it was because his face was in the dark. I thought it might've been either Jayce or Braylin. I stayed quiet, and so did Monty. Then, Atom came up. They talked for a bit, and he mentioned he was in for murder, and that's when I knew it was Jayce. Atom hurriedly locked the hatch door and Octavia began to bang on it. "Is this all you got? They locked me under the floor for 16 years, just for being born!" she yelled as she struggled to open up the hatch.

Monty cleared his throat, "Wanna keep it down?" he gestured to me. I was confused, I suspected he wanted me to say something.

"Uhm, he's building a radio," I mumbled, not knowing what else to say. I felt a bit awkward, I should've said hi or something. Octavia went over to Monty, I stayed in my corner. Monty tried to use Octavia's wristband. He would've used mine but I guess he figured I was too young. It'd be horrible if the ark thought I was dead. That would just make them want to stay up there more, even if it meant dying in space and never being able to see Earth.