《21》Future Plans

Start from the beginning

"Oh okay...that's good to hear. I'm glad you're okay Megumi," She sighs, "What exactly happened over there?"

Megumi blinks at this unexpected question, "Hm? Didn't Gojo tell you?"

At those words, Haru felt herself stiffen. Her hands were slightly ajar, letting the spoon fall from her hand. Hiruma looks over at Haru, a bit surprised. 

The line grew quiet, making Megumi frown a bit.

"No...he only told me that there was going to be an event with your sister school," Haru became weary, "I'm actually not in Tokyo right now so I don't know much,"

"Oh...well that makes sense," Megumi says, though he thought otherwise. It was strange that Gojo didn't inform her about anything, usually, Haru would make the calls when she finds out. Megumi felt that there was something more than what was going on...but he knew it wasn't his place to interfere with their interactions. In fact, Megumi would love it if his teacher would leave his cousin alone. 

"Well...I'll see you soon..." Megumi hesitated for a moment, a tilt of blush covering his cheeks, "...Haruka..."

He quickly hung up, leaving Haru speechless.

Hiruma stares at her, a bit perplexed by her expression. He soon flinches when he sees her eyes water, pointing at herself dramatically. With just that, Hiruma knew who was the person that called her.

"How's Megumi?" He says, sweating at her overly dramatic reaction, taking his sip of his black coffee. Haru perks up at this, quickly going over to the finding table with a huge smile on her face.

"He called me by my name!! Megumi did!!" Haru grins, her expression gleaming with excitement. Her younger cousin, who would always refer to her as 'ma'am' or 'Andō', officially called her by her given name. They both have come a long way in their relationship as a family. Her lips pursed, as refreshed tears perk at the edge of her eyes. 

Hiruma smiled softly at this, he was mostly relieved that Haru had a family she could rely on. It hurt his heart a tad bit, but he knew it wasn't his place to complain. He wasn't related to her.

'Looks like she won't be needing me anymore,' Hiruma looks back at Haru who quickly rushed to the boiling miso soup. He watches her silently, melancholy in his own thoughts. He thought back to her younger days, a young girl who struggled to live on her own, cooking and eating alone. But she has grown up, and she has found people who can help her much more than he can.

Hiruma felt his eyes tear up, proud to say the least that he saw her all grown up. He blinks away his tears when Haru approaches with the steaming pot on the table. She peers over at him, tilting her head.

"Something up?" She asked, seeing his big smile. Hiruma shakes his head, nodding away his gloomy thoughts. He did not want to burden her with his parental feelings, smiling to ease her. 

"Nothing, I'm just so hungry!" He chuckles, preparing his dish as his nostrils welcome the smell of the soup. Haru deadpans with a sigh, but nonetheless, she smiles gently. 

"When will you be leaving for Shibuya?" Haru asked, taking his bowl and filling it with the miso soup, making sure to give him a lot of portions. He hums when he takes back the bowl, already drooling at how good it looks. 

"I'll be back by the 31st, I want to stay here as long as possible before going back to overtime," Hiruma sighed, rubbing his shoulders as he recalled his heavy workplace. Being a detective wasn't an easy job.

Haru glances over at the calendar that hung, reading the month of October. She looks over at the date 31st, the date seemingly haunting her. 

'I don't want to go back yet...' Haru thought, nodding to herself.

"Guess I can stay here a while longer too,"

.

.

.

.

The Curses have outsmarted the Jujutsu Sorcerers with their thorough plan. All 6 fingers of the malevolent King of Curses, Ryomen Sukuna, that have been secured inside the Jujutsu School...have been taken away alongside the High-Grade Cursed Wombs: Death Paintings, 1-3. 

Everything was going smoothly for ███████.

The Curse by the name of Jogo peers over at the curse user dressed as a monk, the same monk that has been meticulously making plans for them. They are currently on a train, the wide landscapes outside showing the beautiful countryside of Tokyo's outskirts. There weren't any people on the train, especially this early morning. 

"Why am I going exactly? Mahito was the one who wanted to see her," Jugo frowns, peering at the outside scenery. 

The monk only smiles, he too taking in the scenery. He spoke nonchalantly since no one else was around, "Mahito would get too excited and run his mouth...besides..." He glances down at the volcanic curse, "Weren't you curious as well?"

Jugo stiffens, though he does not deny it. He peeks over at the monk, now changing the subject.

"Well...what's your plan? Do you really think she'll listen to you?"

The monk could only smile, seeing his own reflection from the glass window. His smile almost seemed sinister, grinning at his devious future plans. 

"Whether she listens or not...there is no denying the truth. She will find out eventually, one way or another,"

.................

......................

Thank you for reading!!