2. 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆

Start from the beginning

"Yeh ladki nahi sudhregi, pata nahi kya hoga iska." Divya sighed loudly.

(This girl, don't know what will happen of her)

"Don't worry aunty, she is not as stubborn and rebellious as she used to be." Niharika passed the newly decorated golden thali to her and stood up from her place.

"Let her be. We are getting late, let's go." Shekhar picked the keys from the table and moved toward the exit of the house, both the ladies followed him.

They settled in the car and soon reached the temple as it was not so far from their house. Shekhar parked the car aside. Niharika and Divya both got down from the car together.

"It's okay aunty you go ahead I will bring the other things with me." Divya nodded and left for the temple along with Shekhar. Niharika collected the basket of flowers and two boxes of sweets before locking the car.

She climbed up the stairs and she saw a little girl running behind a little boy. The girl ran fast and bumped into Niharika. She fell on the ground along with a few flowers from the basket.

"Oh god! Are you okay?" Niharika kneeled in front of the little girl and started inspecting if she was hurt somewhere.

Her left knee was slightly scratched. "Oh no you are hurt." Niharika looked for something in her handbag and took out a bandage from it. She peeled the sticker and put it on her scratch.

"Are you hurt somewhere else?" The little girl shook her head in no and smiled at Niharika. She stood up and dusted off her floral print frock. She had dark brown straight hair till her lower back and a white little bow neatly placed in her half up hair.

"What's your name, little angel?" Niharika asked with a soft voice and a smile on her face.

"Inaya, Inaya Ranawat." The girl replied with an angelic smile and Niharika was awestruck looking at the small beautiful girl standing in front of her. Her voice was sweet and mesmerizing.

"What a pretty name for the pretty little girl." Niharika touched her cheeks with her fingers.

Inaya kept her index finger on her nose "Thank you for this." She pointed toward the bandage.

"Your welcome and I am sorry you fell because of me." Niharika's eyes soften even more looking at Inaya. She was so young yet so well-behaved and polite.

"It was not your fault. It was Yug bhaiya who made fun of me." Inaya pouted with her small lips and Niharika couldn't help but smile at her cuteness.

"Don't blame me Inaya. You pulled my ear first." Yug came and stood beside her. Niharika looked at both the kids blaming each other.

A shadow started coming closer to them and Niharika noticed it but before she could turn to at the person, Inaya ran to the person standing behind her.

"Daddy!" Inaya exclaimed and Niharika looked up, over her shoulder. She couldn't look properly due to the sun shining behind him. She hurriedly stood up and turned to them.

"I told you not to talk to stranger princess." The man picked up Inaya in his arms and she lightly kissed his cheek.

"I fell and she put a bandage on my knee. We should thank her daddy." His expressions changed and he started looking at her carefully. The tension and worry was clearly visible on his face.

"Are you hurt somewhere else? Does it hurt a lot? How did you get hurt? Who did this?" He kept questioning her and anger was visible on his face.

Niharika closely noticed him and how he was so worried for his daughter. Inaya cupped his face in her small palms. "Daddy I am okay! Why are you always like this? I was running and just fell." She shook his head lightly with her small hands and he let out a deep sigh.