Blue

Two weeks had passed since Taehyung left and nothing changed in Nuna's world. The only thing that had changed was that now she had a puppy to take care of on top of Susha and Jiji. At first she felt slightly annoyed by the puppy's presence since she felt like it was just another job for her to manage. However - as the days went on - she could see how Yeontan's presence brought back the smiles to Susha - and even Jiji's - face. Nuna was surprised that Jiji had put aside the video games as he became insistent on teaching Yeontan a trick.

"I'm going to make him win a dog show! You watch! He'll do all those tricks like sit and paw and..."

Nuna smiled as Jiji's words and exuberant expression as the memory came to mind as she worked. The café was relatively empty for the time being. Susha was at the window like she usually was; Yeontan taking a nap on her lap. Instead of watching for their parents to come home though, she was now watching every day for Taehyung's return. She stayed there most nights until Nuna had to practically drag her upstairs to bed.

Nuna was just finishing serving a patron that was sitting at the bar with his phone when Susha suddenly jumped up from her seat and caused a startled Yeontan to drop off her lap and onto the floor.

"It's Taehyung!" Susha exclaimed.

"Taehyung?"

Nuna stopped what she was doing to watch as Susha run to the front door of the café. Nuna barely had time to round the bar she stood behind before Susha tugged open the door with all her strength; Yeontan running right out on her heels.

Taehyung - who had opted to abandon the cab further down the street to try to surprise them- was trying to tug two different pieces of luggage behind him while trying not to crush the shopping bag in his hand. He was looking down when the café door opened, trying to avoid the small pitfalls everywhere. His head snapped up when he heard a familiar yipping mixed with someone happily saying his name. A smile graced his lips when he saw Susha running at him full force.

Setting both of his rolling luggage upright, he put the shopping bag beside one before crouching down just in time to catch both Susha and Yeontan in a hug. He chuckled as Yeontan happily kissed him all over the face while Susha grabbed him tightly, balling her little hands into the jean jacket he was wearing.

"You came back!" said Susha.

"Of course I did. I said I would."

"Nuna didn't think you would though."

"Well, Nuna was wrong," said Taehyung.

He looked away from the two of them towards the café a little ways away. Nuna stood in the doorway with her arms folded across her chest as she watched the scene unfold. Her face was completely passive at the moment so it was hard for Taehyung to figure out what she was thinking. Gently releasing his hold of both Susha and Yeontan, Taehyung grabbed the shopping bag that he had set down.

"I bought you a present, Susha," said Taehyung.

"A present?"

He cracked a small grin as he nodded his head, opening the bag and rooting through it until he came out with a little stuffed brown bear.

"They were selling these at a toy shop near where I was auditioning," said Taehyung. "I thought you might like it."

"I love it!" said Susha as she immediately gave it a large hug.

"I'm glad," said Taehyung as he moved to stand back up straight. "Is Jiji around? I got him something too."

"He's at school," said Susha, "but he should be home soon."

Taehyung nodded, looking towards Nuna once more. Their eyes stayed locked as Taehyung left his luggage to approach her with the shopping bag in his hand. Nuna felt her heart pick up speed as he came to a stop a few feet from her.