04- June

"Ava, go talk to that group of boys over there." Madeline pointed to the strangers. We were just on top of the Bunkers, on the green. There were three in a row, we were in the middle.

Ava, my little sister, nodded. I knew on a normal day she wouldn't have spoken to those boys. Her confidence was just boosted by attention.

As Ava walked away to talk to the boys, familiar boys showed up. Tobias' group. Maisie rolled her eyes, I did too. We didn't like them very much. The main group of Tobias, Elli and Elon bought a couple of friends, one of them was this guy that sexually assaulted me. I thought nothing of it, but that didn't make it okay.

Madeline bribes me to go over to them, her boyfriend was the main guy of the group. Madeline and Gemma stayed over in the middle area, though.

I always noticed how Tobias wouldn't really pay much attention to Mads. She was just there most of the time, they just sat there in silence.

This time, Mads was in the middle, Tobias and I were either side. Nobody said anything.

Ava and Maisie walked over to us, I smiled in relief, standing up to hover over my sister.

The whole group of girls left, it was just me, my sister and Mads. The boys also simmered down. It was only Tobias, Elli and some other guy.

I didn't speak to any of them, I wasn't close to them.

They all sat on a silver bench, next to three steps. The bench was full, Mads was on Tobias' lap.

I hated being left out and ignored when he was there. It was just another reason to hate that group. I hated Madeline for letting me be ignored. I was her best friend.

Madeline and Tobias didn't speak to each other, he just spoke to his friends. At this time, Maddie and Tobias weren't dating- but they might had well been.

Tobias kissed her shoulder, she turned to me and I remember us silently celebrating her. I was happy for her, but I wanted to cry. It was humiliating being the only one who wasn't loved.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Elli looking at me. I was confused- my first thought was that he was judging me. We connected eyes, he didn't break away.

When Ava and I were walking away, the sun was setting. Madeline shouted that Elli had said I had a nice ass.

I didn't like the compliment. I smiled, though. Part of me thought she was joking, but I still did. It was for once my compliment, not hers.