Chapter 8: Time to prepare.

Start from the beginning

"Hey just because we buy something doesn't mean we can move in immediately." Jayda told her and Astra nodded realising that the property might not be immediately habitable.

"Good I want Cat's Rest food," Astra stated.

"Astra! Jayda!" Mather called even as he hurried forward. He got to them and smiled, "Thank you for approaching us about purchasing property." He had been dropping hints at Astra for the last decade to buy something since she had essentially made Morriston her base of operations however she had always brushed him off. Now both women were in a party and would buy, that meant they were for the most part choosing to stay here, the profits to be made were firing his blood, especially because of the newly discovered dungeon they had stumbled on.

"Um... we need to finalise our current job," Astra told him.

"Yes, yes, I will grab a conference table and wait for you." He strode into the building. Jayda and Astra followed him in and went to the reception counters with Tomas, they lined up at Jace's counter and waited their turns.

"Welcome back," Jace told them then frowned at Tomas. "I thought we asked you to get him hurt... so that he had to retire?" he teased.

"Yeah... that didn't happen." Tomas replied with a grin, knowing he was being teased. "Jayda got very angry though."

Jace's complexion paled a little, Jayda getting angry was a very dangerous thing, at least for those who anger her. "I... do... shit..."

"Hey, don't worry the king took care of it." Astra told him.

"You mean I took care of it, because the King paid me to." Jayda corrected and Tomas and Astra nodded.

Jace glanced between the three of them, "What happened?" he asked in a deadpan voice as he pulled paper forward to take notes.

"Ah, Jace," one of the staff that had travelled with them plonked a heavy file on his desk. "Full report of what happened on the way to the capital and all the fall out."

"Yeah, we've got Mather waiting to show us properties so... we'll collect our reward tomorrow." Astra told him and all three bolted before Jace could order them to the guild master's office for questioning.

"Why are you coming?" Jayda asked Tomas.

"Have to make sure Mather doesn't show you any weird properties." Tomas told her.

"Coward, you'll avoid the guild until you hear that we've appeased Jace and Dan." Astra told him as they made it to Mather, Tomas smiled and nodded.

"What about your wife?" Jayda asked.

"Her flag isn't up meaning she's probably out killing beasts." Tomas answered and sat with the other women. They watched as Mather sorted out the pile of files, he had with him.

"Are those all for us?" Astra asked.

"No, I am showing houses to some B-ranks later." Mather explained as he pulled out five files. "These meet your minimum requirements. Decently sized block of land with tall walls, house, and detached building to be turned into a workshop." He listed, "Oh and a bathroom." He added.

"There had better be a bathroom." Astra stated.

Mather went to stand but Tomas put his hand on the pile, "Save them the headache, which one do you think they will like the most?"

Mather frowned at Tomas, "Fine, ruin the fun of finding the perfect place." He removed four files and stood with one in his hand, an assistant took over the desk for them. They followed Mather from the guild and to a cart he guided the cart for a while before he came to a stop before an ornate gate, the property was between the noble and the commoner districts about half an hours walk from the guild, still it was well situated for the duo. "I believe, considering your party name is War Horses that this place works." He gestured up.