•---------•

The next morning, as the sun peeked through her window, Y/N's alarm clock rang, jolting her from her restless sleep. She got ready in a hurry, making sure to leave no trace of her lie behind. Y/N slowly walked down the stairs with her suitcase in hand. Her parents were already up, sipping coffee in the kitchen.

"Leaving already?" her mom asked with a hint of concern in her voice.

"Yeah, the internship starts early," Y/N replied, her voice trembling with nervous excitement.

Her dad gave her a warm smile. "Take care of yourself, Y/N. We're proud of you."

Y/N felt a rush of gratitude and guilt as she hugged her parents tightly. "I'll call you soon," she promised.

As she stepped out the front door and waiting for the taxi she called, her heart pounded with anticipation. She was on her way to the adventure of a lifetime.

As the taxi pulled up, Y/N sat down, and the car began to drive away from her home. Y/N couldn't help but look back one last time, wondering what the future held for her.

•---------•

As soon as Y/N stepped out of the airport after a long plane ride, she saw a bus waiting right in front of her. Y/N wasn't sure if it was meant for her until Chef came out from the bus, took her suitcase, and went inside, He gestured for Y/N to come inside, she followed nervously.

but she was stopped by a familiar person, Chris Mclean.

"Woah woah woah! Who is that?" Chris asked Chef. Y/N was confused.

"We needed one more person to even things out." Chef answered.

"You didn't tell me?" Chris raised an eyebrow, clearly surprised. Chef shrugged nonchalantly.

"I just picked the first one, I didn't really check." Chef admitted. Y/N furrowed her eyebrow.

So much for spending hours writing and recording...

"Oh, well then, welcome!" Chris beamed at her, and Y/N returned the smile.

She turned toward where everyone was sitting and saw eyes all watching her, Y/N had taken a theater class last year, so being in the spotlight wasn't entirely new, but the uneasy feelings still remained. She walked across the aisle finding an empty seat. Eventually, she found an empty seat between a purple-haired girl and a red unbuttoned shirt guy all the way at the back. The purple-haired girl gave Y/N a glare and begrudgingly scooted, Y/N gave a faint smile and sat down.

The purple-haired girl was just staring at Y/N, Y/N turned at her confused,

What's her problem?

"Hello?" Y/N said, a hint of confusion in her voice.

"Who are you? I'm a die-hard Total Drama fan, and I've never seen you before." She sneered, her eyes fixed firmly on Y/N.

Y/N hesitated for a moment, "I'm Y/N, and I'm new," she replied plainly. But her answer didn't seem to satisfy the purple-haired girl, who was about to say something else before being interrupted.

"We should welcome our competitor with open arms." The brunet-haired boy said, the purple-haired rolled her eyes. The brunet-haired looked at Y/N and flashed a grin, to which she responded with a puzzled but friendly smile.