I. when the world flipped

tw: mention of gore

march 13th, 2020.

It was a rainy morning and I was dozing off in class, I hardly got rest the night before since I was writing this story that couldn't seem to get off my mind.

I felt someone nudge my shoulder so I peeked my head up to see something on the smart board, a broadcast.

𝙊𝙐𝙏𝘽𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙆 𝙄𝙉 𝘼𝙏𝙇𝘼𝙉𝙏𝘼, 𝙋𝙇𝙀𝘼𝙎𝙀 𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙔 𝙄𝙉𝙎𝙄𝘿𝙀 𝙐𝙉𝙏𝙄𝙇 𝙁𝙐𝙍𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙄𝘾𝙀

oh please, I must be hallucinating from my lack of sleep

then I heard Mr. Binney

"everyone please stay calm, it's just a little problem which will be over soon"

I heard someone whisper from behind

"I've seen to many movies to know this is not just a little mishap"

anon, their was another alert, and everyone's phones started to go off

"𝙊𝙐𝙏𝘽𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙆 𝙄𝙉 𝘼𝙏𝙇𝘼𝙉𝙏𝘼, 𝙋𝙇𝙀𝘼𝙎𝙀 𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙔 𝙄𝙉𝙎𝙄𝘿𝙀 𝙐𝙉𝙏𝙄𝙇 𝙁𝙐𝙍𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙄𝘾𝙀" I heard all over the class as people were unlocking their phones to see what was going on.

now of course I was also curious so I opened my phone aswell

"EVERYONE PHONES AWAY I AM STILL CONTINUING MY LESSON!" Mr. Binney complained.

no one listened.

there was a article

(insert article once finished)

the bell would ring and everyone would pop out of their seats running to gossip with their friends about this.. alert? issue? breakout? what the fuck do I even call this, naturally I did the same thing and ran to room 216 to go see my best friend.

before I even made it their I caught her in the hallway digging through her bag.

"layne do you know what the fuck is going on?" "you think I know? i'm just as clueless as you are!" she'd spit out. Layne would quit digging in her backpack once she found her phone, then we began moving to the cafeteria to find Alyssa and Gabriella.

people were pushing and nudging, trying to get through the hallways to find their next class, but we finally had made it to the cafeteria but couldn't spot them anywhere between all the crowdedness.

EVERYONE PLEASE STAY IN YOUR CURRENT PERIOD CLASSES, THIS SCHOOL IS NOW PLACED IN LOCKOUT, PLEASE FOLLOW LOCKOUT PROCEDURES.

a couple minutes later as we were still trying to find Gabriella and Alyssa, the fire alarms started to blare. everyone was trying to leave because they knew it was a chance to get out of here. Layne would life her head up from her phone as she was checking for updates about this.. virus? outbreak? what the fuck am I supposed to call this if we don't even know what this shit is.

but, the only problem was the doors were locked.

the cafeteria had this giant window and my eyes wandered over to some guy walking outside. how did he get out? aren't the doors locked? a few moments later he started banging on the door yelling for help and pointing to a corner, which I couldn't see that far because it was out of the window's view. but then I saw it

flesh in between it's teeth, dried blood stuck onto its chewed arms and wrinkly skin.

the creature ripped him apart, not just with it's hands but with its teeth, its rotten teeth

you know.. maybe it wasn't a problem the doors were locked.

───────────── ∘°❉°∘ ─────────────

authors note :)

hii this is my first fanfic I hope i'm doing well so far haha, ik this chapter is short but i'm working on a second chapter rn!! pls give me tips as i write along also pls go follow my friend (theyluvxc4ssi) we are both doing our own versions of the same story so you should go check her's out aswell, chap 2 should be out later tn or tmrw!!

+

I am also going to be adding an introduction w info about the mc's and their faceclaims

───────────── ∘°❉°∘ ─────────────