Chapter - XX [Ye Dil Tum Bin]

Start from the beginning

Once done, lifted her in his arms and made her sit on the kitchen platform and started making pancakes. He poured honey into it and gave it to her. She kept it aside. He gave it to her again but she didn't eat it. Then she held his collar and pulled him towards her and planted a peck on his left cheekbone, licking the honey smudged accidentally on the side of his lips. He got excited to see her next move. She ran her fingers through his hair and rubbed her nose with his. Suddenly, pushed him away, jumped and ran giggling loudly. He was astonished, as soon he realised what happened, she was gone already.

~~~~

She was playing peek a boo with the curtains, slowly opening and closing it disturbing Anuj from his sleep. He pulled a pillow from the side, put it over his face, turned to the other side and slept again. Now she used another tactic, took the side of her pallu and ran it around his nose, making him feel uneasy. He was murmuring. She titled her head, moving her ears close to him.

Sapno me bhi itna pareshan karti ho......sach me bhi Dil ki baatein chupati ho. Ye to galat baat hai naa Anu, Agar mai apni me aa gya naa to...

And then the rest he murmured was all gibberish, opening a wide Avenue of events for Anu to think of as what he would do "agar apni pe aa gya to". There was a mischievous glint on her face as she continued her play. He felt a strong sneezing sensation and was about to wake when she turned the transistor on and hid under the bed.

Transistor :

Gooood Morning Anooooooj.......Ab uthiye bhi dekhiye Suraj dada kab ke uth gayee.

Anuj was all confused. Though he was happy to get wind of her honey like voice right in the morning, still he wondered how??

Transistor:

Kya hua?? Mujhe dhoondh rahe hain. (Laughs) mat dhoondhiye, nahi milungi Mai. Pehle suniye - "Baar Baar din ye aaye, Baar Baar dil ye gaaye, Aap jiyo hazaro ye meri hai aarzoo. Happy budday to you (3) Anooj...Happy budday to you

His countenance lit up with a wide, effervescent smile only to surrender to shadows again. His 21st was the last, when he was truly happy and nothing else mattered in that moment. After that life has just been dark and gloomy.

Mai jaanti hoo Anuj aapko apna janmdin manana pasand nai hai par ye din sirf aapka nai hai naa, hamare liye bhi boht boht boht khaas hai. To hume manane dijiye. Chaliye ab jaldi se fresh ho jaiye. Bahar ek surprise aapka intezar kar rha hai!!!

Looking at the transistor, a faint curve of his lips hinted at his amusement to know what all she has planned for this day. Not for himself, but a surge of excitement welled up within him as he basked in hearing her infectious enthusiasm. He got up to take a shower.

Muqabala Muqabala Laila.....ohooo Laila

As he emerged from his room, rubbing his eyes, he caught sight of her dancing to the beat of "Muqabala." While GK was flipping his favourite chocolate pancakes in the kitchen, showing his moves too. Mukku saw him coming and pulled him to shake a leg by clenching her fist with his. In the midst of a musical trance, he swirled her around. Her joyful laughter filled the air, and amidst the dance, she exclaimed  -
bhai Utaaro....mujhe chakkar aa rahe hain.

He put her down and they ran towards GK and hugged him tightly and did the signature step with him.

Muqabala subahallah Lailaa.....

They sat down to have breakfast. As Mukku placed a plate of chocolate pancakes before him, he playfully tapped her on the forehead -
Kyu bacchi!!! Aaj yaad aayi tujhe Bhai ki. Itne dino se gayab thi....ye bhi nai pucha Mai Zinda hoo yaa....
Mukku widened her eyes in surprise  -