The Prodigy

12:10 pm

India
Mumbai

" Rei! Where the hell are you! I have been calling you for the last one hour-"

A screeching voice bombarded through the silence of my condo and I groan. Snuggling my face deeper in my pillow.

If there is one thing I love more than numbers in my life? It's sleeping. And I can't tell you in words the fury I feel when someone distrupts it.

" What the hell! Move your lazy ass bitch! It's afternoon already! "

" Scram D. Let me sleep."

I try to shoo her away with my hand when I feel the comfort of my quilt getting ripped from my body.

" Darian! "

" I fuc*ing hate you! Just remind me to take my houses spare keys from you! You are clearly misusing your powers."

I shout, aiming my pillow at her and she catches it easily. Flipping her hair, she puts on her thousand dollar shades and pouts at me.

" You suck at lying buttercup. I know you love me. "

I roll my eyes at her nickname and get up from the bed. Sliding my feet into the slip ons I tie my long hair above my head.

My brown eyes scanning through her attire.

A short plaid skirt with a black crop top. Giving a glimpse of her perfect abs under.

I am sure she was already done with her 6 am jog, 2 hours of gym and protein eating.

Her half day was over while mine was starting. Not that I cared.

" So what are we doing today? There are a lot of new places to check out. We are in India after 2 damn years girl. "

Yes, I am Indian. Well half Indian. My mom is from Mumbai so I guess I have my roots here.

She married dad and settled in the u.s but most of the time they are travelling. They love exploring this world so much that they forgot they had a daughter back home.

They never had enough time for me.

I may be born in the states, but I wad brought up by my maternal grandmother and father in India.

It won't be a lie if I say I am way closer to my grandparents than my own parents.

Later I went for high studies back to US.
I met Darian there, she was my seatmate and we just connected from there.

She is also from India. From Delhi to be exact but she hasn't been to India much. Her family has settled in the US for the last 20 years.

Propping on my favorite velvet swinging chair ,she bites on an apple. Her back was straight, legs crossed in a perfect stance and it looked like a damn apple juice commercial to me.

She is too...prim and proper all the time.

Opening my wardrobe I take out a plain kurta and pants.

" Zuhir told me there is a new bar opening-"

Tossing the clothes at her face I turn my back on her, taking out a simple light blue suit with palazzo pants for myself.

" No..no..no. Not this again Rei please! "

She throws the clothes back on my bed and I roll my eyes at her childishness.

" Change D. I won't be repeating myself. "

" Fuc* no! Not that torture again! It's a Sunday. Let's enjoy Rei. "

" I love doing this and you know it Darian. "