"Let's let Dabi rest more. I want to show you a new game." Tomura tries to lure.

"A new game?" She questions shyly.

"Yes. There's animals. I'm sure you'll like it." Tomura replies matter of factly.

"Okay..." She nods and scoots herself out of the bed too.

Touya watches the two dawdle off together, Shigaraki's hand placed between her shoulders carefully pushing her towards the door, talking in a low voice to her.
Touya knows that voice too well. It's the voice he uses that makes you feel like you're the only two people in the world.
Star doesn't even look back before leaving.

Touya felt a little better at least.
His skin still felt as uncomfortably taut as ever and there was still the persistent itch that only ever affected the scarring, but the horrible ache and stinging pains on the reopened wounds that he had caused himself last night, had for the most part, gone.
The smoke before his nap had probably helped.

He would have taken something a little harder to help with the pain but couldn't physically move, and doubted that any of the other men left in the hotel would pick up for him without nagging him or making him feel bad about it, even if he could tell them about the pain he suffered on the daily.
He indulges himself a little longer in bed, giving Tomura time with Star.

She needed to learn to get a bit more comfortable with Tomura.
And just like he always did, he seemed to know how to win her over.
Tomura always seemed to know what people liked and how to use it to bond with people.

He did it with Toga and her fascination with love, listening to her endless stories of crushes and romance stories she'd read.
Touya had been surprised to overhear just how well read Shigaraki truly was when he responded to her excited chatter.
He had also done it with Spinner. They'd bonded pretty quickly over videogames, something they still partook in every day. They had their little inside jokes and made references between themselves that no-one else understood, but it made those two smirk and laugh.

And looking back on it, it made sense why he and Magne got on so well. They had more in common than anyone knew at the time, and it was hard not to enjoy Magne's company. Magne had been honest, sweet. She looked out for everyone else up until the very end.
Tomura had been the first and only one to never acknowledge Bubaigawara's second voice, too. He allowed him to talk and talk without any giggling or judgment about the contradictory statements that would leave the suited man. Everything he said was taken on board with as stoic a look as everyone else got.

Compress had been won over by Tomuras knowledge despite his young age, as well as being impressed by his quiet intelligence. That was something they were all pretty surprised by, even when they shouldn't have been, considering that he was their leader.

Touya couldn't tell what it was exactly that had done it for him.

As much as he denied it and was bratty with the smaller man, he respected his no-nonsense approach, even if the timing was poor at times. If he was pissed off at you, you knew about it. If you'd done a good job and he was pleased, you'd know about it. You didn't have to second guess Tomura. What he said is what he meant, a jarring difference to the types of people Touya had been around growing up.
Maybe it had been their equal competitiveness. Each of them would goad the other on, neither of them satisfied until the other had been proven wrong with a smug smile. No-one dared challenge Touya since the scarring. No-one dared even approach him first really, his face typically stoic and unreadable apart from subtle expressions thanks to the tight, uncomfortable skin on his face.

It could have even been the fact Tomura stood up for Star in a bar full of people that were frozen with shock. God knows that Touya's admiration for Bubaigawara had shot up when he'd launched himself at that prick Muscular after calling Star fat.
The looks helped. He was pretty in an unconventional way.