Part 7

So she organizes her kitchen the same way that I do...

It was unnaturally easy to find everything he needed to begin cooking breakfast, to the extent that he had to wonder about all the aspects of Naru he'd never put in the book that was identical to Kim Roksu.

I should check his name.

The knight's name hadn't been listed in Naru's journal but it was strange to imagine that they'd been living together for the past few days without ever once exchanging names. Therefore, Roksu couldn't just come out with what's your name without cluing the knight in that something was definitely strange about Naru.

It really wasn't imperative to keep her current condition a secret from the knight but it would needlessly complicate matters and Roksu already had a big enough headache as is.

If his name is also Choi Han, then it's very likely that this is a world created by my manuscript and imagination combined. If his name is different, there's a higher likelihood that this is a world of its own that I happened to write about.

Nothing was for sure though. And it was pointless to speculate until he'd gathered more clues.

Roksu glanced at the knight who was awkwardly trying to make himself useful out of the way. Naru had already forbidden him from using the kitchen then. Good for her.

Choi Han bowed his head apologetically as Roksu viewed the gruesome scene of his kitchen dispassionately. "...okay, you're helping me clean."

Choi Han perked up, happy to have a way to apologize for his catastrophic cooking skills. Roksu resisted the smile itching at the corner of his lips as he sought out the supplies. Choi Han was a real hassle but in moments like this, Roksu couldn't help but think he looked cute.

"You're not allowed in my kitchen after this." Roksu warned, shoving a mop into Choi Han's hands rougher than he intended.

Choi Han showed no sign of being offended, only chuckled and nodded. "That's fair."

There was a gentle silence between them before Choi Han spoke up once more. "I really appreciate the times you've cooked for me. One day, I would really like to pay you back."

Damn. It was inconvenient when he was this cute.

"Don't state the obvious. I'm going to make you pay me back with your body. This isn't a charity case."

Choi Han laughed and it was such a nice and innocent sound. Even as Roksu realized how his words could be misconstrued, the innocent Choi Han never even considered it. Fully trusting in Roksu's intentions. It was a gentle feeling. Being with Choi Han was gentle.

Roksu quietly hoped that Choi Han's home renovations would take longer than planned.

One of the many scenes that meant far more to Roksu than it did to Choi Han that Roksu had artlessly repurposed for his novel. Tweaking the situation just enough to suit Naru and the knight but still unmistakably a scene taken straight from the personal history of Kim Roksu and Choi Han. It was also one of the many reasons he would have never let Choi Han or Choi Jungsu read that damn book if it hadn't vanished via magical bullshit.

Although it was probably an annoying situation for Naru to deal with, considering she was far from falling in love with the knight and still considered him an inconvenient house guest. He sent a private apology to her for not warning her ahead of time to keep the knight away from the kitchen.

Roksu snuck another glance at the knight and knew immediately that he shouldn't. His eyes met with the knight's on accident and the moment Naru's purple eyes clashed with his deep onyx, his heart began to race.