0:03

Brent Faiyaz
Point Of View

I wanted to follow in my father's footsteps and own a business but that went down the hill for me one thing led to another I became stuck on drugs for a year and some change I just wanted that to pass by me but it will always be there. I changed and started getting my own money and opened up my record label for the best singer even though I won five Grammys I'm proud of the person I became.

"We would see cause how they mama hyping them up like that they better be good cause shit going be embarrassing as hell, "I said laughing I had people say they can sing just get close to me mostly these women out here but nigga looking for something real solid these days I ain't for all the toxic shit even though some of my songs come out I'm a toxic nigga bit nigga ain't.

"For a real cause I'm laughing you know nigga can't be serious at all, "Dave says as we walked into the building we see the mama speaking to this woman but I couldn't see her face at all maybe that's one of my daughters who singing today.

"You think these girls have talent"Dave asked.

"Hey," I said she turned around surprised.

"Omg you came, "She says

"Yeah, I did, "I said sitting down in the chair.

"Girls look who's here"She yelled then my eyes caught a glance of the girl she was talking to those beautiful eyes and damn that hourglass body is something she rocked in that laid-back outfit she went and sat down by the piano.

"Who is that"I asked.

"Oh, she nobody, "The mother says.

"She has to be somebody," Dave says mugging her.

"Whatever this is Sister and Delores," She says they both waved but Sister kept looking at me batting her eyelashes maybe she got something in her eye cause shit why the hell is she moving them that fast.

"Okay go ahead show me," I said they both got on the stage the lights dimmed and the sound of the piano played the whole time I was looking at this woman she had a vibe that had great energy the rest of the energy wasn't good mostly the mom.

Looking out on the morning rain
I used to feel so uninspired
And when I knew I had to face another day
Lord, it made me feel so tired
Before the day I met you
Life was so unkind

"Damn they off-key and their voice don't match at all, "Dave says shaking his head.

"Mane stop," I said they stopped singing.

"You like it, "Mama says.

"Naw you said these girls will be the next big thing," I said mugging her I came all this way just her some foul as shit.

"What about you"I said walking over to the girl.

"Um, she doesn't sing, "Sister says.

"Naw what's your name"I asked.

"I'm Sparkle," She says.

"Why don't go sing the same song and see what happens just for me"I asked.

"Um okay," Sparkle stood up and went into the middle of the stage without any mic.

"You trying this bro," Dave says.

"Yeah let's see what happens, "I said leaning back with my blunt in one hand my eyes were on her that's where I like to keep it.

To be continued...

Author~