21. Good Boy Gone Bad

Start from the beginning

"I- what?" Chen Le dropped the spoon into the bowl. "What do you mean the uniform-"

"EAT YOUR SOUP!"

"OKAY, OKAY!" Chen Le hurriedly took another sip, picking the spoon frantically. "God."

Yangyang crossed his arms, watching Chen Le eat.

He didn't say anything else, nor made another movement until Chen Le was done, grabbing the bowl from his friend's lap to put it on the bedside.

"I wasn't hungry, by the way," Chen Le said, no doubt to annoy Yangyang. "Now my stomach hurts-"

"Then go to bed." Yangyang stood up from his chair and headed towards the door. "I'll bring you medicine-"

"Why are you so strict right now?" Chen Le interrupted him. "And vague, what is-"

"Do you not REALIZE what is going to happen?" Yangyang turned around, and he was seething. "You don't get it, do you?"

"I don't KNOW, Yangyang, I barely understand what even just happened a few minutes ago!!" Chen Le yelled back.

"Dear heavens- the two Kingdoms will go to WAR!! And as orphans without documentation we are going to be seen in a bad light under the government!!" Yangyang yelled. "We have to make a decision QUICK!"

"We- we can just pledge our loyalty, I don't know!" Chen Le threw the blanket off his lap. "There's a lot of Chinese living here-"

"PUT THAT BLANKET BACK ON YOU!"

"NO, DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO-"

Yangyang marched over to the bed and grabbed the blanket, covering Chen Le's body with it. "Wear. The.

Blanket."

Chen Le glared at him, not breaking eye contact as he threw the blanket off again.

"PUT THE GODDAMN BLANKET ON! WE DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH TIME WE'LL HAVE MUCH LONGER HERE!"

And with that, Yangyang stormed out of the room, leaving Chen Le confused on the bed, running his friend's words over and over in his head as he shivered.

***

Donghyuck had fallen asleep, so Mark decided to stay by his side, keeping him company.

At one point, Mark felt the temperature from Donghyuck's body drop, so Mark threw a blanket over him and set a pillow under his head.

And he just sat there, staring at the sleepy Donghyuck. The missing prince who, along with the rest of the population, had no idea of his blood.

Biologically speaking, that meant he was cousins with Prince Jisung. And neither had any clue.

Mark was going to tell him, when Donghyuck woke up. He had the right to know, especially if people were after him. But Mark wasn't going to tell him that Johnny knew. The last thing he wanted was for them to have any problems in their relationship.

He mulled this all over in his head, focusing on how Donghyuck's chest would rise and fall slowly, how every now and then an eyelid would twitch, or he moved a little in his sleep, fixing his position.

Mark glanced up towards where the door was before he scooted over, sitting in front of Donghyuck on the floor.

He noticed how the latter's lips were parted open slightly, and Mark leaned over to trace them softly with his finger, thankful that they continued to be alone.

Or so he thought.

To his prediction, he heard someone knock on the basement door.

Stealing one last glance at Donghyuck, Mark got up from his spot on the floor and headed up the basement stairs, someone continuing to pound on the door.