Noodles

The next morning Seonghwa woke up to an empty bed. He should've felt relieved, not having to face Hongjoong in the morning after their wrongly timed confessions. But instead his heart ached and his head hurt.

Why would he leave?

Has his father approached him again on his way out?

Seonghwa hurried out of bed, still in his clothes from the previous evening. Hastily he made his way downwards, eyes still full of sleep and barely functioning.

He glanced into the living room and - there he was. Hongjoong sat beside his mother, both of them excitedly talking whilst eating breakfast.

"Oh, good morning honey." His mother smiled at him and he couldn't help but smile back. Mrs. Park was never one to talk back to her husband in front of guests, but deep down Seonghwa knew that she would always have his back.

Hongjoong sitting with her for breakfast meant that his father must be in the office again. He probably even left after yesterdays heated conversation.

"Morning' Seonghwa. Your mother just told me about her plans for your room, since you want to move out soon?", Hongjoong giggled, the coffee mug in between his hands.

He looks lovely, Seonghwa thought before mentally lecturing himself again.

His blonde hair was now unstyled, resulting in Hongjoong looking softer than usual. Breathtaking.

Mrs. Park laughed slightly. "I told you to call me Eomma! But yes, Seonghwa never bothered to move out since his father is rarely home. And I would be pretty lonely without him too." Seonghwa seated himself besides Hongjoong on a white chair, shoving some cold noodles onto his plate.

He quickly glanced at Hongjoong who was already looking at him and felt his heart drumming against his chest again.

"I already found a pretty appartement nearby. Good to know you already have plans for my room, Eomma." Amused he started to eat whilst talking about it with both of them.

After having finished, Mrs. Park hummed "I talked to your father. He was not having it, for the lack of better words. Stormed out whilst talking to himself. I'm sure he'll calm down, once he realizes how much he depends on you."

Hongjoong glanced at Seonghwa again, this time grabbing his left hand under the table, squeezing it once. The black haired smiled at him "Don't worry about that, Eomma. I'm just really dissapointed."

"You have every right to be. Try to get that appartment as soon as possible, yes? I don't want you to feel unwelcomed in your own home."

Seonghwa did not escape the slight nod his mother made towards Hongjoong. His face suddenly felt too hot.

"I will."

Soon after he found himself in front of their porch again, opening the door of his car for Hongjoong.

"Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with you. But where is your driver?", Hongjoong wondered before sliding into the right side. Seonghwa closed the door whilst laughting and made his way into the car as well.

"He's not working today. I guess you liked him?", Seonghwa asked, after receiving Hongjoongs address with a laugh.

"No, I- well, no. But I was just surprised. Didn't think you would have a drivers licence if you have someone driving you everywhere."

Seonghwa started the engine and made his way onto the street. "My driver mostly chaffeurs me to work, events and things like that. I enjoy driving myself as well."

Hongjoong hummed and they fell into a comfortable silence, some music playing in the background. The weather was great, a sunny day with no clouds in sight.

A few minutes later they arrived at Hongjoongs appartement, closer to the art shop than Seonghwa expected.

"So, uhm, see you soon, Hyung!" "Oh, I'm your Hyung now?", Seonghwa grinned, pleased with finally dropping formalities. "Yes, you are. I'm looking forward to your visits at my shop again"

Both of them awkwardly waved goodbye. Seonghwa wasn't sure what to think about the recent developements. Would Hongjoong be supportive of him becoming CEO in the near future? Scratch that, would he even want to be Seonghwa's boyfriend?

Would Seonghwa want that? Even with a homophobic father, a tiring schedule and a business to take care of?