ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

Start from the beginning

"Illa.. Rendu na bhodhai ye erathe devi maa"

"Velakku maaru pinchudum" I glared him.

He gulped and smiled sheepishly. Devadarshini maam came in between and dragged us to eat. We sat om the dining with her family and Prabhakaran's family. She served us fried rice and butter chicken masala. We all ate as they shared some moments in the office. It was laughable. Deva darshini maam's husband was talking between the men in the dining table with his eyes. I noticed it.

After dinner, Deva darshini maam dragged me to several corners introducing me to the office members saying I am the wife of the spectacular Ajay. Some of them asked if he was the same at home, grumpy and silent. I didnt know how to answer that.

Hey there, I dont know we just started knowing each other a month ago, though we are married for one and a half years.

That sounds pathetic. I had my eyes on Ajay all the time who was in the balcony with the men. He seemed happy. Its the first time I am seeing him socialising with people other than Rakesh, Pragan and Sarath anna. He stopped drinking within the said limits. When they compelled him, he politely said a no and came to me. That showef how much he respected me and my words.

"Polama?" He asked me.

I nodded. We bid bye to everyone and left the place. I unlocked the car and sat on the driver seat. Ajay opened the passenger seat and peeref inside.

"Are you sure? I am not that drunk" he said. He is not intoxicated but still no.

I took my bag from the backseat and fetched my driving license out of it. I showed it to him and actioned him to zip his mouth and take the seat. He obeyed. He sat on the passenger seat and fastened his seatbelt.

"Vazhi matum solli kudutha pothum" I said fastening my seatbelt.

Its been years since I drove a car. It was before marriage, but driving is not something I could forget but driving wearing this saree, that too this net saree might be challenging. I started the car and drove out of the apartment. It took me a ceratin seconds for me to get adjusted. I put on some romantic songs. Ajay was looking at me dreamily like I was unreal and non existing.

"Yen apdi paakura" I asked him, my eyes fixed on the road.

"Epdi dii ivlo azhaga irukaa??" He asked dreamily.

I shook my head in disbelief "Makeup potu intha maari saree ellam katna apdi thaan irukum"

My saree is a bit revealing and I had to adjust it everywhere all the time when I was there for it to be not so revealing.

"Makeup eh illama nee azhagu thaan dii.. Nighty pota kooda nee azhagu thaan dii... Enna.. Saree katna azhaga iruka.. Intha maari saree katna hot ah irukka" he winked.

I gasped changing the gear.

It started raining suddenly and I quickly switched the wiper on. Ajay laughed lightly looking at the rain "Wowww" he said and changed the song to poopol poopol from minnale.

"Poopol poopol en nenjai koithaval minnalai minnalai en paarvai parithaval" he sang out too loud.

I tilted my head to my shoulders covering my ears because he was literally screaming. I giggled when he started bobbing his head to the music enjoying the night. I shook my head and stopped the car in the signal and lowered the volume. The rain was pouring heavily. The song has changed to Thulli thulli from paiya.

"Paarthal paarka thondrum" he sang along looking at me "Perai ketka thondrum" he leaned towards me, I blushed. "Poopol sirikkum bothu.. Kaatrai paranthida thondrum" he fell back widening his hands.