"Pity, considering the reason it took you so long was because I didn't want to be found," Y/n deadpanned back at her.

"You always were a stubborn one. So much of Vosso in you," Ivaah said, her voice turning to disappointment.

Y/n stood in a rush of anger, only to be held back by the two stormtroopers from before. Her teeth gritted together as she tried to rush at Ivaah, who didn't even flinch at her daughter's lash. "You don't have the right to say his name," she hissed out.

"And why shouldn't I?" Ivaah retorted, that superiority complex dripping in her voice. "After all, he was my husband."

"A husband you sentenced to death! My father!" Y/n shouted at her, still trying to release herself from the hold of the troopers.

"He was weak," Ivaah sneered. "He resisted the beauty of the Empire, and for it, he got his punishment."

"You killed him for nothing, you lying hag."

Y/n felt the stinging of her cheek before she realized what had happened. Ivaah's hand was still held up in the air, her face calm and content, not even remotely remorseful at the fact that she had just hit her daughter. She brought it up to point, opening her red lips to speak. "Let me make one thing very clear to you. I will not tolerate such behavior, not anymore."

"You brought me here to, what, ruin my life even more?" Y/n questioned her, finally sitting still in the hands of the stormtroopers.

Ivaah laughed. A cold, calculated laugh. "Oh, I didn't bring you here to ruin anything! On the contrary, dear, I've come to give you a gift."

"Oh yeah? And what's that exactly?" Y/n almost laughed.

"The chance for us to be a family again," Ivaah said, and took a small holoprojector from her pocket. Holding it up, she played it. It showed a little Y/n, no older than eight, sitting with her mother while snuggling into her arms. Ivaah began singing a little song, one that Y/n knew like the back of her hand. Whenever she was scared at night, her mother would come in and sing this song to her. And every time, it would soothe her to sleep. "We used to be so close," Ivaah said, her voice husky with emotion. "You used to love me like a daughter should, and I love you still." Y/n watched the recording, watching as her father entered the holo. He placed a blanket over the both of his girls, kissing each of their foreheads before turning and grabbing the recorder and shutting it off. "We can be like this again."

Y/n let out a sigh, her face almost content. When Ivaah smiled her perfect grin, Y/n did the only thing she could think of and spit in her face. As Ivaah looked at her in shock, all Y/n said was, "It's too bad you killed my father then, huh?"

The unknown man beside her took a handkerchief from his pocket and held it up to Ivaah's vision. "There you go, my dear," the man said, and Y/n raised a brow at him.

"Who the hell are you?" Y/n demanded, the grip the troopers had on her tightening.

"Show some respect," Ivaah commanded her, wiping the last of her daughter's defiance off her face. "It's General. General Bault."

"And why is General Bitch here with us?" Y/n questioned, and she could tell her mispronunciation got on both of their nerves.

"Because he is my husband and your step-father," Ivaah claimed, and Y/n couldn't hide her surprise at the statement. Ivaah's laugh echoed in Y/n's ears. "Did you really think I was going to keep your traitorous father's name as my own? Absolutely not. Besides, a woman such as myself can only remain a widow for so long."

"You cold-hearted monster," Y/n shook her head as she whispered the words.

"You ought to be more grateful," Ivaah claimed. "It's because of the General you're here with us today."