~ chitta kukkar baneray te ~

Start from the beginning

"Chatt pe? Raat ke dhairh bajay? Kis khushi mein?"

"Dekho na, do din mein tum wese bhi chali jao gi, itnay din ho gaye hum ne sahi se baatein bhi nahi kein. Acha mausam hai, chatt pe chaltay hein, chai peeyein gay, gappein maarein gay."

"Haan to terrace pe chaltay hein na, hum wese bhi to waheen jatay hein."

"Nahiiii, wo uhh terrace pe nahi....."

"Kyun?"

"Wahan baar baar koi beech mein aata rehta hai."

"Acha haan, ye to theek keh rahi ho. Acha mein jaldi se change kar loon, phir -"

"NAHI!"

Umeed stopped dead in her tracks, getting more confused by the second. Seriously, WHAT was up with her?

"Mera matlab hai, uhh kapray thori dair pehnay rakho na, itnay achay lag rahay hein."

"Haan magar mein thak gayi hoon, comfortable hona chahti hoon"

"Ab dulhan pyjama pehnay achi lagti hai? Parson tumhari shadi hai, zara to lagay ke dulhan ho. Acha naa, chalo ab!"

Without giving Umeed the chance to say anything more, Haya grabbed her by the arm and dragged her to the roof. All the while Umeed kept raising questions over her unnatural behaviour and how nothing made sense. Haya kept repeating "Umeed shor nahi machao" throughout. 

They were still in the middle of their banter when they felt the chilly wind hit them, making their hair flow around in all directions. As soon as they entered the roof, Umeed stopped dead in her tracks as her eyes landed on a man in a navy blue kurta standing at some distance, his back facing her. He was currently chatting away with Sameer, but none of that mattered to her. 

All that mattered was him, here, at this part of the night. Two days before their wedding. 

What was he doing here?

The men became aware of the girls entering as they both turned around. Haya dragged Umeed a little further, before Umeed refused to walk anymore. There was still a distance of a couple of feet between them. 

"Sameer, chalein?"

"Yeah, let's go!"

And then, it was just them. It was always just them. 

Umeed kept staring at him, blinking repeatedly to ensure she wasn't making this up. She said nothing. She was unable to form words. She was also waiting for him to provide her with some sort of an explanation. 

Farjaad had his hands crossed behind his back, as he took small steps towards her, now standing right in front of her. His figure towered over Umeed, who kept staring at him blankly. 

Was he really not going to say anything? 

"Aap kya kar rahay hein yahan?"

"Bas aisay hi ghar mein betha bore ho raha tha to socha kyun na ghenta drive kar ke yahan aa ke Sameer se kuch gappein laga loon?"

Umeed rolled her eyes. Yes, this was the perfect time for jokes. 

"Farjaad mein mazaaq ke mood mein nahi hoon"

"Acha? That sucks, kyun ke mein to is waqt buhat shadeed mazaaq karnay ke mood mein hoon."

She drew in a sharp breath, closing her eyes. 

"Aap aadhi raat ko yahan ye sasti comedy karnay aaye hein?"

"Sasti to nah hai yaar, aisay to nahi bolo."

Farmeed / One-shot SeriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara