"He's not..." Y/n began, looking back at Merrin. "He's... We're..." she scrambled to find the right words. "Well we're still figuring it all out."

Merrin almost let a smile grace her lips. "I remember what that was like," she said, gently touching the gold necklace on her chest.

Y/n had noticed Merrin kept a close hand on that necklace of hers. "Forgive me, but did someone important to you give you that necklace? It's very beautiful."

Merrin paused, putting her hand down. "Maybe another time, Y/n Novar. You have been kind, but I'm not ready to revisit that moment."

"I understand," Y/n nodded her head. She didn't expect Merrin to answer but she at least wanted to try and make her feel more welcome.

Greez set the ship down on the familiar stone platform, and Y/n stood to head outside the ship as soon as the ramp was lowered. Cere, Greez, and Merrin followed, Cal stepping out onto the ramp as he gazed at the Vault in the distance. This was it. He was finally doing it. He was finally finishing Cordova's path, and he was going to save those children from the Empire if it was the last thing he did. He walked down, but Greez's voice caught his attention. "I know you're about to get that holo...cron," he said, struggling through the foreign word.

"Nice! You remembered," Cal said, genuinely glad. "You joining me?"

"Oh, no! No. Absolutely not," Greez chortled, his denial firm. "No. I just wanted to say, you know... those kids we're supposed to find, they're lucky to have you."

"They're lucky to have us. We're in this together, Greez," Cal reminded him with a grin.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping you'd say that because you know they're gonna need more than fancy magic tricks," Greez told him.

"Oh, yeah?"

"Practical guides. Role models. Someone to look up to," Greez claimed at Cal's sarcastic response. "You know, ship flying's a complicated art... but that's only if I stick around."

"I'll remember that," Cal said, patting Greez on the shoulder.

"Good. Good. Okay. Good luck, buddy."

Cal left his side, and looked to approach Y/n's, taking her hand in his as they both looked out at the Vault. "Well, we're here," he began, and she nodded alongside him. "You coming with me?"

"Not this time," she answered back. When he turned to look at her with confusion, she continued. "It's like Ilum, Cal. This part of the journey is yours to complete. Alone."

Cal nodded his head in understanding, looking down at their intertwined hands and rubbing his thumb against her knuckles. He looked up at her and said, "I'll be looking to see you when I get back."

"I'll be here," she assured him. She felt a flutter in her gut as he brought her hands up to his lips, kissing the back while still holding his own. "Be safe."

"I promise," he nodded his head. He couldn't help himself when he kissed her lips, an act that took her by surprise. It was short and sweet, and he didn't care if the entire crew was watching behind them. He pulled away, letting go of her hands as he set out towards the Vault.

Y/n watched him leave, her eyes focused only on him until he disappeared into the maze of Bogano's passages. She let out a sigh, and felt a presence beside her. She simply knew it was Cere. "You two seem closer," she commented.

"Oh, come on, Cere," Y/n shook her head, and Cere smiled gently at her embarrassed nature.

"So, I take it you two have spoken with one another?" she asked her.