Dwargon

To solve the shelter problem, Rimuru decided, with the help of Rigured's suggestion, to ask Dwafs to help with the construction of buildings, as it was their designation they organized the expedition. SO WHY AM I COMING!? I mean really, can't a girl get some free will?

Rimuru reasoned that it would be beneficial for both of us to go. They said that as co-leader of this community, I should be there on our first diplomatic mission, for "experience". I know I said  I wanted to get better at talking, but this is just TOO FAST! I can't even talk normally with Rimuru, let alone a total stranger! How am I supposed to diplomatically converse without even being able to someone I've known for a month?!

I decided that if I was going to go with Rimuru, he was going to be my stress ball. Meaning that I am going to hold him the entire time, and crush him whenever I get stressed. This thought made me feel better. The last time I held Rimuru was kind of nice, he's so... squishy, round, and smooth. This also puts Rimuru in the perfect position to act as my shield I things get dicey, like if someone asks me a question, I can pretend like the question was actually directed at Rimuru, thus I don't need to respond!

After some point in our journey, Rimuru asked a question to Gobta, our guide.

"So Gobta, can you tell us more about this kingdom we're going to?"

"Yes, of course, Lord Rimuru, The official name of the kingdom is the Armed Nation of Dwargon and it's populated by dwarves, elves, humans, and other species."

Elves!? Why'd it have to be Elves? No calm down, if worse comes to worst, you just kill them before they get a chance to kidnap anyone. Though this is another world, so maybe the elves aren't as bad as in my 2nd world. Maybe they are the kind, piece, and tree-loving elves in most fiction.

"ELVES!?" Rimuru said. He clearly had a much different opinion of the elves than me. That would have probably been my reaction too if it weren't for the elves of my previous world.

"Oh, and the leader is Gazal Dwargo also known as the hero king. And he is supposedly greatly admired by his people."

Ah so this king is good, Hopefully, that isn't just a front and he really is a good dude.

"So anyway, is it cool for monsters like me and Shiro to enter Dwargon? Or are there rules?"

Please say no, Please say no... I pray.

"Please there's no need to worry. Dwargon is a neutral city, and a free trade area, by the king's command all fighting is prohibited within the city limits."

DAMN IT!

"Gotcha."

On the 3rd day of traveling, we reached the city. Rimuru seems more excited about the elves than about the dwarfs, which is to be expected.

Rimuru decided to take Gobta into the city to show us around.

A few seconds after getting into line a few thugs arrived.

"Well, wada we got here?" Thug 1 said stereotypically.

"Looks like some weak monsters!" Said thug 2.

UGH go away!

"There aren't any rules about fighting outside the city! So-" Thug 2 was cut off by me summoning a ball of paralysis poison and dropping it on top of the two thugs, instantly immobilizing them. I then Teleported them into the middle of nowhere, along with the other thugs that were accompanying them.

I look back in line and find everyone staring at me. oh no, what did I do? Why are they staring at me? Come on! It was self-defense, they were clearly threatening me so I was in the right to retaliate, I did nothing wrong! They're only probably dead by now! I held Rimuru close to my chest to calm myself down and continued to wait in line.

After we got into the city there seemed to be a commotion. Something about needing some healing potions to heal the victims of an Armorsourous attack. Rimuru being Rimuru decided to help, and I begrudgingly went along with it.

"Yo, guard dude! I think we can help!" Rimuru said.

The guard nodded and brought us to the wounded Dwarves. There are three of them. Rimuru then ate them and spat them out fully healed.

"Wouh. thanks!" said one

"Thanks!" Said another.

"Mm-hmm!" Said the last. He must be mute.

"We are in your debt," said the 2nd one to speak. 

"Well in that case..." Rimuru told the dwarfs about the problem that the village was facing and how they planned to fix it. They said that they could lead us to the best blacksmith they know of. The blacksmith's name is Kaijin and he is apparently a master of his craft. Though most of his weapons don't seem like anything too out of the ordinary. None of them would be able to scratch me.

"If it weren't for that damned minister I would have accepted your request. But the task I was given was just too high of an order. They expect 20 long swords in 5 days. Not only do I not have enough Magisteal to create the long swords, but I also don't have time to complete them even if I had enough." Kaijin vetted. Seemed kinda sus to me. It seems to me that this 'minister' doesn't want Kaijin to succeed, but why? Do they just not like him?

"You mind if I see a finished one?" asked Rimuru, still in my arms.

"Sure."

Kaijin takes out his completed sword and shows it to Rimuru.

"This is my only one."

Rimuru thought for a second then hopped out of my arms, much to my dismay, and asked, "Hey mind if I borrow this?" 

Without waiting for a response, Rimuru eats the longsword and then spits out 20 longswords. This completes the commission.

Everyone in the room is shocked, except for me as I knew he could do this because of Professor Wisdom. Man, what would I do without Wisdom?

After the commotion died down, Gobta, Rimuru, and I were invited to a party by the dwarfs, after hearing about the dwarfs Rimuru and Gobta were all in, but I was still a little skeptical, so I asked, "Are... elves... Good? No... kid-... -napping?"

Everyone in the room looked at me as if I was crazy. WHAT!? IT'S A PERFECTLY VALID QUESTION IF YOU HAVE SEEN SOME OF THE STUFF I'VE SEEN!

"No..? Why would you ask that?" Kaijin finally answered.

"Experience..." I answered simply.

Their looks suddenly turned into looks of concern.

"What kind of experience?" Kaijin asked.

Ugh, stop asking! Wait no this is a good learning experience for me. I should try to answer as honestly as possible.

"Elves... Try to... kidnap... baby... I killed them..." I said with all the confidence I could muster.

"Is the baby ok?" Rimuru asked.

I haven't thought about what happened to the baby bloodsucker. I would guess that the elves have probably already gotten to her, meaning that she is likely dead. So I answer bluntly.

"Likely... dead... Elves... relentless..."

This sobers the once happy and hopeful mood into a mournful one.

"I'm sorry I asked," Rimuru apologized. I didn't really feel anything about the bloodsucker, I guess I protected on a whim. I decided to leave the conversation there.

Seeing as my original question was answered I had no real reason to not go, but I still kept my skepticism.

Once we got to what I now realize is a pub, I started drinking,

"WHAAAH! THIS SUFF IS GOOD!" I yelled.

"What's this stuff's name a-any way?" I asked.

I looked around to see who would answer.

"Whaaah? Why are you all looking at me? Do I have something on my face?"

I then heard Rimuru yell out, "OH MY GOD SHE'S TALKING!"

"Y-yeah, so what?"