Reminders Of The Past

Start from the beginning

"Ok, but you've got your scroll right? Text me if you need me and I'll be here quicker than a firebees' stinger!" Darius said concerned for his child which made Hunter feel better as he has only begun to feel true parental love. "I love you too, Dad." This made Darius almost tear up as Hunter called him his dad. Then he submerged himself into abomination goop under the ground to go on his date with Mr. Blight.

"So, Hunter, is it? Please come sit with me." said the man in a calm tone.

"Yee, yee. Come sit," the Bat Queen hovered behind Hunter as he entered a clearing in the forest where the man sat on one of two rocks, Hunter sat on the other as the giant palisman sat behind Dell. "So, what's on your mind?" Dell pondered.

"Oh, uh..." Hunter stuttered fiddling with his hands.

"Oh, I didn't mean to pry. You don't have to share if it makes you uncomfortable."

"D-don't worry, um, it's just like a very long story and it's a kinda sensitive topic." muttered Hunter. "And you are kind of a stranger, not to be rude!" he said nervously.

"No worries! This is a safe place, and I can assure you I can be someone you can trust, though if you don't want to share, that's fine. My name's Dell by the way," he gentley shook his hand. Then the Bat Queen turned to him, "I know of one, Golden Guard. He hunted, captured and put palisman lives in danger," she said now towering over Hunter, "I also know of one who couldn't help what he was doing, as he would not even exist if he defied the words of Belos too soon, of one whofound friendship and triedhardest to give compassion when he found his friend and eventually defied Belos and found friends in the dark. I sense your friend has now moved on and is with you. Make sure you put the same work as you did when you defied him." she warned but in a soft tone. "I's did not know how or when he would end, tell I, how did he end?" she asked as if he was her own child. "Belos," he said in a quiet tone as to not seem rude however he was angry, angry with Belos. For alot of things, but murdering Flapjack was one of the the most blood-boiling deeds he did before his demise and it was directed at Hunter while he possessed his body; talk about lack of bodily autonomy and it looked like the Bat Queen was just as angry if not more but decided to hold it back. "He should have been put through trial for crimes but death is good enough." Dell then handed Hunter a carving knife."First you want to know what type of creature you want to carve, is there one you have in mind?"

"Oh, what about a wolf? They're a creature from Earth and they're super cool! Did you know they howl to signal where they are to their pack? That's a group of wolves by the way," he infodumped on Dell who listened intently. "I see you know alot about them," he said,"That is essential as you need to know atleast somewhat about the creature you want to carve, though you could let the palisman choose for itself and when you have voiced your deepest desire in life, it will become what it has chosen to be." Then he started to teach Hunter on how to carve a palisman that resembled a wolf. "What if I don't finish this in time?" he asked, holding the uncomplete palisman. "Don't worry about that! If it isn't finished, you can always come back another time." Dell said.

"So, I can plan a schedule with you and the Bat Queen later on today?" Hunter perked up, he always did like making schedules. "Of course! We have all the time in the world," the Bat Queen replied.

* * *

Dell started to guide me through the skill of carving palisman, with the Bat Queen pitching in every so often. The first animal I chose to carve was a wolf since they're my favourite animal from Earth, aside from cardinals. I also then noticed the yellow cardinal on his shoulder and I began to tear up. "What's wrong, Hunter?" Dell asked

"Yee, yee, what is matter?"the Bat Queen continued.

"Sorry, sorry, it's just the bird on your shoulder looks alot like, F-Flapjack," I whimpered.