Dear Carson.

Prologue

-----

What does it feel like to be in love with someone?

I never thought I'd know the answer so young. I mean of course I had boyfriends in middle school, and elementary, but I knew that I wouldn't be spending the rest of my life with them. They were someone to kiss, hold hands with,and hug. My longest relationship was for a year. Jacob and I started dating the beginning of our freshman year and we broke up the beginning of our sophomore year. Everyone always asked me if I had really loved him, and my answer would always be yes. However, if someone asked me if I was in love with him my answer would have been no. I didn't see the rest of my life with him, but I saw him in my life for awhile because he made me happy. Eventually I learned that happy goes away.

I met Carson at the supermarket on the last day of school. I live in a small town where everyone knew everyone and Carson didn't look familiar so I was instantly interested about him. I stared at him for awhile. He was looking at the chips debating what kind he wanted when he looked over at me. It was awkward at first but his eyes here the most beautiful thing I had ever looked at and I couldn't bring myself to let go of his gaze. He came over to me and his voice sounded a little something like heaven. We talked and eventually exchanged numbers, and I knew that would be the beginning of something I wouldn't forget in a lifetime.

I fell in love with him, and when I found out his family was staying in Kentucky and he was going to my high school, I couldn't of been more happier. I would finish up my high school career with a boy I was crazy for. Life couldn't of been more prefect. However, as I said all happy things end.

Carson lost himself along the way. I don't know what happend. If it had something to do with me or if it had something to do with the new group of people he had started putting himself around in. What I did know is that he needed someone. Someone to help him find himself again. Someone to let him know that everything was going to be okay in the end. He kept pushing me away, as if everything we had meant nothing to him. I promise i tried to save him, I tried to be everything he needed.

Where did I go wrong? I swear  I tried.