"Throwing balls. Gee, another mentally challenging test." Noah rolls his eyes, bored and obviously being sarcastic once again. "I know right?" Lindsay inquires, his face drops and Courtney judges the ditzy girl.

"Okay, now, Geoff, try to hit me." Chris throws the ball to the party animal. "If you're holding a ball, you can use it to deflect a ball. But if it knocks the ball out of your hands, you're out." He tells everyone and I impatiently sigh.

I think most of us know how to play Dodgeball but I know him being a host he has to explain every single thing. I feel like I'm back in second grade nonetheless though.

"So, what do I do again when the ball comes at me?" Lindsay asks innocently just as Geoff throws the ball at Chris who blocks it with another ball, it bounces off over to Lindsay's way. "You dodge!" He shouts, it hits her right in the face causing everyone to gasp and her to fall backwards.

"Ooh! You were supposed to dodge!" He exclaims. "Ow..." She stands up, holding her forehead in pain. "Right." Uncovering the injury to see a large bump.

"You have one minute until game time. Gophers, you'll have to sit two people out each game time." Chris turns to us and then we all crowd one another around Heather.

"Okay, we can't get lazy." Heather says, hands on her hips. Izzy, Leshawna, and Beth raise a brow as Gwen and I slouch tiredly. "The Killer Bass are gonna be trying extra hard to catch up." Gwen yawns as the mean girl speaks, a glare hits her way. "Who wants to sit the first one out with the two sleeping beauties here." Heather buzzes.

"All right, I'll volunteer." Noah acts as if it was a tough decision to make for everyone. "Now, let's see all you keeners get on out there and dodge." He enthusiastically points to our team, confusing Chef.

The first game I sat beside Gwen and Noah.

Heather, Lindsay, Owen, Leshawna, and Cody are in the game. "Bring it on fishes, otherwise winning three times in a row just won't be as satisfying." Heather trash talks and I gotta admit it was kind of attractive to watch, but I have a feeling speaking into the universe with so much confidence we're going to lose. "Oh, you're going down!" Tyler yells. "We're gonna bring dinner to the table and then we're gonna eat it!" He slyly says and I chuckle at his teammates reactions to the bad comeback.

"Both teams ready? Best of five games wins. Now let's dodge some ball!" Chris declares, Chef whistling starting the first game. The sound from the whistle makes my ears vibrate then start to ring and I hold my head in pain.

Owen makes the first point, Leshawna making the next one. But Katie hits Lindsay and the blonde gets another bump on her face. Owen catches Courtney's next throw and Chef has Gwen go on the court. I frown. I don't understand why they don't exclude her from today but seeing how Chris is this show is not going to be so nice and caring to us so.

Not even seconds after the girl entered that rectangle she gets hit in the face with a rubber ball. It was meant for Owen but he dodged, DJ winces, apologizes to the girl who tiredly smiles, perfectly okay with being out of the game.

After the first game I end up closing my eyes, resting backwards on the bleachers. I accidentally fall asleep, missing the whole second game.

"Wake up!" Somebody slaps my arm multiple times, I push the person away. "Come on, you can't not play. Don't be like Noah." The voice snaps, I hear Noah say something in defense but it all sounds muffled. I open my eyes, annoyed to see Heather standing above me. "I won the last challenge, can't I be left alone?" I ask in a raspy tone, rubbing my eyes to see more clearly.

I watch the girl actually pause to think about it and I look around. I guess I can play one game.