"Yosano... Is that a threat?" Mori asked in mock innocence, though the amused glint in his eye said otherwise.

"Of course not, Mori-san," Yosano's gaze darkened, "It's a promise."

Mori only sighed at the various glares shot toward him from all over the table. Strangely enough, none of them belonged to Dazai. Even Atsushi's pupil sharpened to slits, letting the yellow pigment in his eyes overrun the violet at the prospect of pushing Dazai back into the fold, but the man himself seemed supremely unbothered.

Finally, Mori turned to the head of the table with a deceptively warm smile, "What's your opinion on this, hmm?"

All gazes snapped to the head of the table, causing the said agent to sputter.

"You're here to make sure that conflict doesn't break out between us, yes? So how about you make the final call?" Mori's eyes seemed to almost glow as he pinned his gaze on the unassuming agent.

"I have a bias, though, don't I? You know exactly what I'd say," Ango Sakaguchi, the unfortunate head of the table, responded as boldly as he dared (which was decidedly not very bold in everyone's opinion).

The table fell into silence once more as everyone thought over their next move. It felt like hours had passed without a single word being uttered. There were still silent ones of course. A shared glance between Yosano and Ranpo, a glare between Fukuzawa and Mori, a worried look shot from Ango to Dazai that never received a response. But, even so, not a single word left anyone's lips.

That was until Dazai clapped his hands together, causing almost everyone to jolt at the sharp unexpected noise. 

"Well then!" Dazai exclaimed with a close-eyed grin, "No thank you!"

Everyone stared at him in abject horror. What was he playing at?

Ango cleared his throat, breaking the silence once more, "Please specify what you're disagreeing with," he requested, though everyone knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Being put back into the Mafia of course! I reject-"

Mori smiled amusedly, "Excuse me?"

"-And you do too, right?" Dazai finished, his enthusiastic attitude mellowing to one not unlike Mori's; cold and deceiving.

Silence hailed over the table once more as teacher and student glared at one another, the former's amusement now wiped away.

"You aren't planning on taking anyone, are you?" Dazai asked in an unbothered tone that wildly contrasted the sharp glare he was pinning onto Mori, "You just want to wave around the idea to scare us and then leave this meeting empty-handed physically, yes, but have this unfulfilled deal to pull out on us whenever you want."

"I'm sure someone clever as you can see the flaw in that, Dazai-kun," Mori pointed out, "Simply taking one of the agency's members would-"

"-Be just as effective if not more?" Dazai finished for him, a challenging look in his eye as he leaned back in his chair.

Kyouka flinched at the blunt disrespect to the Port Mafia boss. Very few got away with cutting him off like that. Ranpo, on the contrary, seemed to be enjoying the show quite a bit. Having already figured out Mori and Dazai's intentions a while ago, he wasn't the least bit concerned about the outcome. He knew exactly what kind of dramatic show Dazai was going to perform before he even started it, and had been eagerly waiting for the moment it'd start since the beginning of the meeting.

"I do have to agree with you on that, I suppose," Dazai's eyes roamed across the side of the table he was sitting at, "Tanizaki, for example, not only has the perfect ability to become an incredibly skilled assassin but also is someone you know has more of a grey space in morals compared Kunikida or Atsushi. And while that isn't a bad thing on its own, being in the mafia rather than the agency..."