Chapter 27: Darkness at Each Step

Comenzar desde el principio

Peacemaker remembered the list that was posted on the scrolls for first years,

Human Education - Sky and Wren

Song Writing - Nile

Mental/Emotional Health - Fatespeaker (Assistance of the Libararien, Starflight)

Physical Health - Tamarin and Orchid

Sparring - Sixclaws

History of Jade Mountain - Clay and Sunny

Aquatic Language - Atlantic

Although Fatespeaker was the one that rang the bell signaling when class was about to start and when it ended and is the assistant of Starflight while organizing students(most of them...), somehow in an unimaginable future, she has time to run a special course. Peacemaker had been explained by Qibli that someone was taking over the task for now, being evident when the thong sound was about a minute or two off from when it was supposed to be.

Looking around the class, most faces seemed familiar considering that most if not all of them were first years. The Icewing that was first to aid Mink when the mention of Darkstalker occurred around the beginning of the year was here too. Of course, there was Dusky and Auklet. Originally, Peacemaker hadn't wanted to go this elective, he was more interested in the Weapons Elective...until he found out that was in the later years, his disappointment was immeasurable. He then considered either Human Education or Aquatic Language, Peacemaker was wondering what it'd be like knowing what humans or Seawings were talking about when they spoke their separate way. It wasn't until he and his winglet talked about which electives they were going to choose. Bumblee and Sludgesnout chose Sparring, Cliff chose Writing, Mink and Drytail chose Physical Health, and Berrybush and Venuswing chose Human Education. Leaving Dusky, Peacemaker, and Auklet with no clue on what to do.

Ironically enough, all three were originally not deciding on Mental/Emotional Health. But after some time Dusky was convinced by Bumblebee that it'd be good for him and Cliff strangely recommended it to Auklet. Peacemaker heard an unusual joking comment of,

"At least it'll help you understand your emotions before you tear apart your hammock." Cliff let out a laugh while Auklet let out an uncertain giggle back. Tearing apart her hammock? When did that happen? Peacemaker tried remembering but he couldn't remember anyone mentioning it, Come to think of it though there was that one day that Cliff was up randomly early compared to his usual sleeping schedule. Peacemaker thought Cliff just couldn't sleep so Peacemaker didn't mind it.

Peacemaker was only here mostly because Dusky was worried about being alone and everyone would think he was completely weak no matter how many times they assured him that it was going to be fine and Auklet was going to be there too. Eventually, Peacemaker decided to go with Dusky to ease the stress a little bit.

Fatespeaker continued to talk about what the class was going to be about and the different parts of Mental and Emotional health they were going to be learning. Ranging from what both of them are, stress, depression, mental disorders, and stages of grief.

...

Chameleon's death was different. Peacemaker in the end just couldn't bring himself to hit him with the knife.

Peacemaker had gotten the idea a little after 'knife training' with Bumblebee. He remembered once how he had seen Deathbringer practicing throwing the discs he liked using. Although he's busy being the "bodyguard" for Queen Glory most of the time there were times, though rarely, when he wasn't being with the queen. During those times he often liked practicing his weaponry and combat skills so he doesn't lose them in case they're necessary. Other dragons would sometimes watch and Deathbringer didn't mind it, occasionally a dragon would ask him something about being an assassin or bodyguard and Deathbringer would answer. It was one of those days when Peacemaker had roughly turned three and asked him about using a weapon in combat.