Triwizard Champions

Elaia was now sitting at the Hufflepuff table with Cedric

Elaia was now sitting at the Hufflepuff table with Cedric. The sorting just got done. There were a few first-years who got sorted into Hufflepuff but a lot of them got sorted into Slytherin and Gryffindor, there also were a few who got sorted into Ravenclaw.

"Well, now we're all settled in and sorted I'd like to make an announcement.'' Dumbledore began and stood behind his golden lecture.

At that moment the doors of the great hall opened and Filch slipped in and began half running and half jogging towards the headmaster. "This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen..."

Dumbledore broke off to exchange a few hushed whispers with Filch, before sending him back and continuing "So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event: the Triwizard Tournament."

Elaia looked at Cedric with a knowing look, they both knew that the other would want to enter the Tournament.

"For those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single pupil is selected to compete. Now let me be clear- if chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress, Madam Maxime."

The great hall doors swung open again, revealing a group of girls all dressed in blue silk dresses who began walking down the aisle towards the front table.

Every few meters they would stop and flourish their hands at the two tables near them, Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, before continuing.

Elaia looked at Cedric. She wanted to know if he was as in awe as the rest of the boys were, but she saw him already looking at her.

"And now our friends from the north. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their high master, Igor Karkaroff."

Their uniforms were thick layers of brown, many of the boys also wearing heavy furs and warm hats. They began a sort of dance, though much different from the girls before. Sticks smashed against the cobbles, shooting out small sparks.

Elaia didn't pay attention to the rest, her head turned to the great hall doors, when Karkaroff and Krum, and another student entered the hall.

Cedric looked over at Elaia only to find out that she had been looking at him, he sent a small smile to her, and she returned the smile.

                    ⚡️

Elaia finished her mashed potatoes as Dumbledore's voice boomed through the hall. Elaia looked over to where Dumbledore was standing as the Great Hall went silent. "Your attention please!"

Elaia's eyes caught something next to Dumbledore; she wasn't sure what it was, but she knew it had to be part of the Triwizard Tournament.

"I'd like to say a few words." He paused "Eternal glory. That is what awaits the student who wins the reward tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks."