chapter 3.

Gojo, Geto, and Shoko were shocked

The shock was literally written all over their faces, except for Gojo. He also has a swollen cheek. Your courtesy of course.

Before the white-haired male could do anything, Shoko Ieri burst out laughing, and to be honest, it was quite a scary laugh. 

Once she was done laughing, she walked up to you and slapped you on the back, in a way to say that she was proud of you. 

"I like you Y/n!" she jumped straight to first name basis with you, skipping all honorifics. Not like you were complaining or anything. "Let's be friends, aye!"

A wide smile instantly appeared on your face. You were beaming so much that it almost blinded them all.

"But - but, she punched me!" Gojo whined childishly.

Gosh! At this point, you could hardly tell any difference between Gojo and a bratty child. They are basically the same person.

"Satoru!" Geto started in his velvety voice. Y/n could literally feel her breath hitch. "You know that you deserved every bit of it," Geto continued while shooting daggers at Gojo with a sickeningly sweet smile.

"Suguru!" Gojo whined again. The way he said Geto's name made you want to punch his face again.

Fortunately, you were prevented from acting on your impulse by an agitated Yaga-sensei entering the class.

Yaga-sensei for the win!

"Settle down everyone!" the older male said while taking his rightful place behind the desk.

"We have a new student joining us today," he started. "Y/n. Come forward!"

"Yes, sensei!" You promptly stood up, almost knocking back your seat. 

Gojo's snickers reached your ears and your cheeks instantly flared up in embarrassment. You cursed yourself mentally. You just have to go ahead and make a fool of yourself, don't you?

You robotically made your way to the front,

"Introduce yourself!"

"I'm Y/n L/n. I'll be in your care!" You all but shouted.

Fortunately, your classmates were kind enough to not point it out in your face, except for Gojo. He's just a piece of shit.

"Now that we have welcomed our new member," Yaga-sensei continued. "It's time for your mission."

"Shoko, you'll be staying on standby while the rest of you will move forward and neutralize the cursed spirit."

"Sensei!" Gojo called out. "The two of us," he started, referring to himself and Geto, "can easily handle any of the curses." He then turned to face you, giving you a nasty side-eye before turning to face the instructor. "Then why bring the extra luggage?"

"Satoru!" Shoko, Geto, and Yaga-sensei yelled at the white-haired male to stop picking on you.

"What...I'm just stating the truth!" Gojo acted as if he had said nothing wrong, and you, on the other hand, tried to act nonchalant, even though you were hurt by his words.

You tried to shrug off those feelings, and not let his words get to your head. You can just show him your potential when the time comes.

"The three of you will be working together!" Yaga-sensei yelled while slamming his palm on the surface of the teacher's desk. "This is my final decision Satoru. There will be no further discussion on this."

And that's how you found yourself standing in front of this abandoned residential building. The manager has already drawn the curtains, and Shoko is waiting inside the car to provide instant healing if something goes awry.

You could feel your palms get sweaty and your heart racing. You have practiced all your life for this day under the guidance of your master, and now it's up to you to take forward her legacy.

And you will not let her down.