Vicious storms

120 AC-

Clicks echoed across the ever narrowing castles halls. Tapestry's adorned the cold walls; an attempt to warm them, no doubt. The flames licked at the shadows, daring anyone to move against them. They were ready to battle, as were the knights that wondered the halls at this dark hour.

The wind cracked wickedly against every loose brick, every open window, every dragons hot breath. The wind rattled everything in sight. Including the young royal children of the castle.

Aegon, Heleana, Aemond, Jacarys, Daeron,  and finally, Naelarys, were all sat in one chamber. Huddled like penguins sheltering from the frost bite cold.

The eldest, Aegon, was scared of the storms kingslanding held. He would never admit this fear, even in his youth, he would never admit any fears. He had invited Aemond, Jacarys, and Daeron into his chambers to play games. No doubt the boyish charms would echo laughter more than the vengeful winds.

However, Naelarys had thought it best to follow her brothers and nephew to the room. She was shouted at by Aegon, he had stated that women should not follow their superiors in such a manner (to be un seen and un noticed seemed rude). She ran to Heleana, who didn't truly know what to do, but she walked with Naelarys back to Aegons chamber. At the point they opened the door, the winds gusted through.

The storms had started and with it brought two young Targaryen women, destined with great misery. As it seemed were the fate of many Targaryen women.

"Aegon." Helaena whispered, her hand resting on the door.

"What?" The boy asked, turning his head boredly. His green and black clothes twisted as he did so.

"We would like to join." Helaena said, stepping in the room. She grabbed Naelarys' hand and brought her inside.

Naelarys looked between her brothers, before her eyes shifted to Jacaerys'. He seemed to stand out.

Jacaerys Velaryon was anything but plain, as her mother would describe. He had dark hair, matching the beautiful pine trees that stood strong and tall in the forest. Naelarys would stare at the forest for hours; wishing for freedom. And here it was, in the form of Jacaerys Velaryon.

He was dressed in red and black, contrasting the shades of green the white haired Targaryens wore. The contrast was so great he seemed to radiate a different kind of beauty.

The Targaryens were known for such beauty. Sharp features. Small. The blonde iridescent hair. The secretive purple eyes. Yet, Jacaerys was the opposite. It seemed refreshing. Exciting, almost.

Naelarys did not know what drew her to stand with Jacaerys so much that night, but she did. Jacaerys did not know why Naelarys had stood with him that night, but he was thankful she did. Because, like Aegon, he too was afraid of the storm that swept through the castle.

A/N
Vote, comment, etc
Love you anyone who is reading this boookkk 🥰🤗🤭