CHAPTER 2

THE STIFF CAT AND THE STRANGE LADY

Third person POV :

A beautiful summer's day in the month of July. It was completely normal for every house to be deprived of children within their walls. Aurora was out in the sun watering the plants.

*Aurora's POV*

I was watering the plants on that seemingly normal summer morning since Mrs.Willson (the orphanage owner) was out for the day. 'Jeez how are these demons playing in the sun!? I'm sweating profusely just from pouring water to the trees. And I'm under the shade. These people are impossible.Well better get going. I still have one more flower bed and then I'll be done.'

Walking towards the last flower bed, there was a rustle and a tabby cat stepped out. It was silver in colour and had green eyes that oddly matched the colour of grass I was standing on. It looked as if the cat was wearing spectacles but that must be my stupid wild imagination.

Third person POV:

Aurora approached the cat which was sitting stiff and straight, a bit odd for cats."Here , kitty kitty kitty , come here come here!" she called out at the cat. Aurora had a strange feeling that the cat was judging her hardly. "What? Are you mad at me that I called you a kitty? But that's what you are! What else am I supposed to call you, Floofy?"
If that cat was a human, it would have been glaring at her, and Aurora, looking at the stiff cat, could tell that the glare would haunt even her dreams. Not that they weren't already disturbing...but she didn't want to think about that. Really, who would want to think of some stupid nightmare when it's a pleasant day.

Aurora sat down right infront the cat and stared intently at it. Stared right back at her. The weirdest staring contest in the world went on untill......

*HA HA HA!!*

Aurora cracked. She started laughing hysterically. So much so that it brought tears to her eyes and those who were minding their own business started looking around for the sound made by witches and monsters in their nightmares. Then she called out to them "WHAT? NEVER SEEN A GIRL LAUGHING BEFORE? WHAT'RE YOU LOOKING AT?"
Distantly, she heard a boy say "Alright everyone, go back to your knitting."

She turned back and saw that the cat has disappeared. "Was I really that boring? *Sigh* look at me talking to cats and myself. I must be really out of it. But..Really though... Am I that boring?"

Shrugging, she turned back and made her way back into the home, thinking longingly of the comfy bed in her room.'Perhaps a good long rest is what I need' She thought.

THE NEXT EVENING...

"Auroraaa, Aurora dear....AURORA!"
It was the ear splitting scream of Mrs.brood that woke Aurora up from one of her daydreaming sessions.

Aurora's POV :

"Whaa-?Mrs.brood what was the reason that you almost damaged my ear drums?" I inquired her quite annoyed that I fell on the floor startled due to her screaming.
"Silly girl!! If your daydreaming has come to an end, someone has come to visit you. They are in Mrs.Willson's chamber." She informed me and stormed out of the room. I sat confused that who would have come to visit me and why??

Pushing the thoughts away, I brushed my hair to look atleast a bit presentable and made my way to Mrs Willson's chamber.

As I walked into the chamber I saw Mrs. Willson talking to a strange lady in some really strange clothes. 'She looks old' that was my first thought.
Mrs. Willson who noticed my presence said, "Ah! You're here dear.This lady here is miss Minerva Mcgonagall. She is here to speak to you about something important."
'what a strange name'
"Hello Miss Mcgonagall. My name is Aurora Whittle. Nice to meet you." I greeted her politely. I don't know why I feel like it would be better to face death than be on her bad side.'She is one stern woman you all.'
"Hello Miss Whittle, the pleasure is mine . Let's go have a talk in your room, shall we?."
"Sure Miss Mcgonagall please follow me." I started leading her out of the chamber then Mrs. Willson said, "call me when you are done dear."

Third person POV :

After they reached her room Mcgonagall asked her to sit down while she remained standing. She seemed to be contemplating how to spill the beans.She took a deep breath while Aurora was watching her every move closely and said, "Miss Whittle.....you are ....A WITCH."
"......"
"......"
"......."
"I know.This statement has got you in a kind of dilemma and -

"That explains my laughter."