Chapter 2 - The Role of a Big Brother

"Yes...yes...thank you, sir. I'd rather not, they kinda turned them down already, so there was really no point in asking. Yes, I understand."

Ending the call, I was filed with a strange sense of excitement.

"Ako, wake up!"

Seriously, did she stay up all night playing games again?

Tomoe however, ran down the stairs, already in her uniform as she grabbed some bread and ferociously devoured it. I then place some water next to her so she won't proceed to choke on the bread.

"Calm down, Tomoe. You'll choke."

Seriously, these two...

After I finished making breakfast, I noticed one thing, they're both running late.

"Grab Ako and go already, you're gonna be late."

I gently scolded, I rescind what I said before, these two never changed.

"Sorry, Ka-nii! I'll clean up for dinner later, come on, Ako...!"

Tomoe called out, with Ako following her.

"Sorry, Kazu-nii...!"

This time, Ako exclaimed, running out with an empty stomach.

"Honestly..."

It was honestly a good thing that I didn't make too much. Regardless, I packed the both of them with enough...they forgot their lunches...

"H-Hey, you two-"

I tried to go after them, but they already ran out of the house. Seriously, these two...I understand they're in a hurry, but remember to at least pack your food.

Since my class is still in the afternoon, I guess it should be fine to give these to them.

"Mom, I'll be heading out now!"

I called out.

"Sure thing, but aren't your classes in the afternoon?"

She asked me.

"Yeah, but Tomoe and Ako forgot their lunches. So I'll deliver it to them first before going."

I explained.

"Alright, remember to call Haneoka before entering."

She stated.

"Got it."

After that, I proceeded to call them on our house phone, waiting for an answer.

"Hello?"

This must be one of their teachers.

"Hello, I'm Udagawa Kazuki, I have two younger sisters there and they forgot their lunches, would it be alright if I dropped by to hand them over?"

I explained.

"Of course, Udagawa Kazuki, correct? May we get your sisters' names?"

She then asked me.

"My sisters are Udagawa Tomoe from class 2-A and Udagawa Ako from class 1-A."

I then replied, with the teacher agreeing to let me come over as I thanked her before dropping the phone.

"Hm? Who would text me this early in the morning...?"

I then wondered as I looked over to my phone.

"A job request? Wait...alright then, this should be interesting."

I remarked, giving a happy little smirk as I happily replied to the text.

After that, I got my things and the lunches before I made my way outside to lock the gate. It's been a while since I took a leisurely walk around this part of town, after all, I don't really pass by it anymore after graduating.