Garth stepped out of the line with his pail, holding it low enough so Scar could eat out of it. The wolf coughed, but continued eating. Garth couldn't help but feel sorry for the canine. He knew his pain.

"Garth!" Lilac squealed as she noticed him feeding his wolf. "You don't give that gunk to such a handsome wolf!" She pulled Scar's muzzle out of the bucket and whipped his lips off with a napkin. Scar struggled to escape her love, but she held him down. Garth, however, intervened and pulled the wolf away from her grasp.

"Scar isn't handsome! He's vicious, terrifying! Doesn't your heart stop just looking into this guy's eyes?" In turn, Scar snarled at Lilac, baring his silver fangs. Lilac laughed.

"Oh, he's so cute! Don't you think so, Vicky?" Garth and Scar grew very straight as the fox nodded. Scar turned away from the girls, head high in the air.

"You said it," Garth agreed. Lilac smiled at him, standing up.

"And Scar? That's his name?" Garth stood up, crossing his arms.

"Scar, yes. He has a scar over his left eye. Like me." He pointed at his scar as he said this. Lilac giggled.

"So I should call you 'Garth Scar'?" Vicky was obviously laughing as Lilac giggled. Garth rolled his eyes, as did Scar.

"Personally, the name fits." The teens turned to see Stephan, his mutt following behind proudly. Scar growled. "Tell your beast to back off," Stephan ordered. Garth's eyes narrowed.

"Why are you here?"

"Garth." He turned to Lilac. She had those eyes, telling him to back off, but that she appreciated him. He stared a little longer, but her gaze didn't weaken. He sighed.

"Come on, Scar. We'd better let his highness have his princess." Scar walked behind him, keeping his gaze on Stephan's dog. Stephan took Lilac's hand and guided her to a tree.

"I'm sorry I haven't talked to you in so long," he apologized. Lilac blushed.

"It's ok. Are you alright?" He nodded with a smile.

"I've been busy thinking. About the Snow Ball." Lilac sat down beside him, Vicky setting herself near the tree. Stephan's silver wolfdog lay down beside her, sneaking the trout out of Stephan's sandwich and offering it to her. "Looks like my companion's taking a liking to yours," Stephan noted.

"You haven't named him yet?" Stephan looked a little shocked.

"Uh, no." Lilac smiled.

"I have to agree. Frost does seem to like Vicky." Stephan smiled, sitting closer to Lilac.

"Yeah, he does."

Garth leaned against a tree a little far off, watching this whole conversation with a scowl. Scar lay down, watching as well with a snarl.

"I know right," Garth said to him. "The guy makes me sick." Scar looked up at him sideways. "Not what you're thinking?" he asked. The wolf barked and stared around the tree area. Where Vicky and Frost lay down eating trout. Garth nodded with a smile. "Scar and Vicky, sitting under a tree." Scar banged his head against Garth's leg, making the boy laugh.

"Cool wolf." Garth saw Edward come up behind him out of the corner of his eye. The bird landed on a branch nearby, feathers glowing in the little amount of light.

"Nice bird." The feathered critter squawked at him annoyingly.

"Don't make the mistake I made," Edward warned, showing off a burn mark on his tan arm. "He's a fire bird. Pure bred, for sure. I'm thinking about Phoenix." Garth shook his head.