Chapter 10: Dan Heng's Determination

- [Y/N]'s POV -

"I heard of the Scalegorge Waterscape is in the sea somewhere but I didn't expect the sea to be this vast in the Xianzhou. I guess you couldn't tell from looking at the Xianzhou ship outside huh," I said in awe as I stood on the terrace at the Alchemy Commission.

"Keep your focus Miss [Y/N], we are still in the middle of a fight," Jing Yuan warned me as I quickly focused my view towards the new wave of enemies coming towards us.

"What a shame, can't even take in the view in peace. This would have been a great time to take some pictures for my painting references," I swing my weapon at the Disciples of Sanctus Medicus knocking them down effortlessly.

We both continued to fight until all the enemies were down and looked around our surroundings to see if any more enemies would ambush us.

"What's our next move General Jing Yuan? I don't see any traces of the Stellaron Hunters here. We should have bought Diting to help guide us from using their scent."

"No worries, scouting the whole area is the safer plan than rushing ahead. It is possible that they could be hiding in the ocean on one of the islands. We should hurry as soon as possible."

Following Jing Yuan, we head to the skiff port to search the islands.

We passed many islands but didn't find anything noteworthy until we were ambushed again by more enemies from the Disciples of Sanctus Medicus.

"They really are everywhere. I'll handle them so you can continue to find any clues, Jing Yuan!" I shouted as I fought them off.

"I wonder if it is because we are getting near the Dragonvista Rain Hall that they become more aggressive... have they already trespassed the sacred place?" Jing Yuan whispered in thought before realising he sensed something.

"I think I can sense a few presences nearby, let's hurry we are getting closer. I will let the Cloud Knights know our location to be our backup when we leave this island."

"Got it!"

With the Cloud Knight arriving they stood guard near the shore to keep watch as Jing Yuan and I followed deeper towards the island.

We began to hear fighting noises as we got closer to see what or who it could be. It was Blade and someone who looked exactly like Dan Heng except he had long hair with dragon horns fighting against a young boy.

"Is that really Dan Heng?" I was shocked and took closer note of his new appearance. It seems he gained new powers and his fighting style was not with his usual spear but instead with the force of controlling water.

"I should have known better that Yanqing would fight those two out of all people... It will be okay [Y/N] I don't think they seriously fight to the death... We will wait until the fight is over," Jing Yuan sighed as he reassured me.

Kafka noticed the two of us and waved and smiled to welcome us. We simply just nod back and continue to watch the fight.

It was pretty obvious that Yanqing was losing the fight as he was getting tired while Blade and Dan Heng kept their guard up not sweating one bit. Just as Jing Yuan explained, Yanqing truly had a strong will to not give up.

Kafka immediately stopped the fight. "All of you, listen to me — stop. Well, Bladie? Are you satisfied?"

We watched the three stop fighting as they all stood in silence before Dan Heng was the first to speak up.

"...What did you do?" Dan Heng asked Kafka.

"I'm just clearing the stage for the grand entrance — can't have you three misbehaving in front of the Luofu's hotshot general and the Astral Express' housekeeper," she replied.