Chapter 2: Welcome to Belobog

- [Y/N]'s POV -

After the warp jump, we see a planet outside the window. A snowy planet meant it was going to be cold even freezing but I remember Himeko telling us this was Jarilo-VI.

But I don't recall it being covered in heavy snow like this from the data we had on it. Did it succumb to its environment?

"Spatial readout anomaly! Star rail stability is down to 12%! Schedule alteration: Seven-day stopover time extended indefinitely!" Pom-Pom declared.

Figuring out the cause could be due to a Stellaron we started discussing what to do now.

"The only thing we can say for sure is that their arrival causes massive changes to civilizations and ecosystems. They also generate distortions in space such as Fragmentums. There must be an inextricable connection between the Stellaron we're dealing with here, and Jarilo-VI becoming a frozen planet." Welt explained.

Himeko then decided to entrust me, March, Dan Heng and Caelus to go on a trailblazing mission.

"The objective is clear: Find the Stellaron responsible for the disaster and the spatial distortions, and bring it back to the Express. We'll deal with the rest," Himeko instructed.

We all decided to get ready to leave, waiting for Dan Heng at the exit. Landing on the surface of the snow, anyone could tell how freezing the weather was.

Continuing to walk onto the snow, we passed by defeating some Fragmentum monsters and taking notes of nearby abandoned houses.

"Did you see that? I think something's moving..." March gasped as she pointed towards an ordinary-looking snowdrift.

"Mm... It's just an ordinary snowdrift. Are you sure you're not seeing things?" questioned Dan Heng.

"Of course not, my eyesight's perfect! Come on, let's take a closer look," March replied and so we took a closer look at the snowdrift and it seemed that she was right. There was someone hiding in the snowdrift.

"..Hey, get outta there or you'll shiver to death. Holding your breath won't help," March cautiously said.

Not seeing any movement, Dan Heng took it upon himself and used his spear to poke the person hiding underneath. Quite harshly too I noted.

"Yeowch! My fine fellow, was that really necessary? Is crawling around in the snow a crime these days? I mean, c'mon, surely it doesn't warrant a spearing?" a man's voice exasperated.

I see the man coming out of his hiding place. He was tall, had dark blue and white hair and green eyes. He flashed us a smile as he realise we weren't here to harm him and began to introduce himself as Sampo Koski.

Sampo began to talk about his situation of looking for relics to sell to running away from 'Silvermane Guards' and Belobog, the only settlement here on this planet according to him.

We asked Sampo to show us the direction to Belobog but soon after we were getting attacked by the 'Silvermane Guards' that Sampo mentioned earlier.

Trying to protect ourselves from the guards, another figure showed up who we presumed was the person in charge of the guards as he donned a different uniform.

"I, Gepard Landau, captain of the Silvermane Guards, order you to relinquish your futile resistance," he loudly stated. Without realising we noticed that Sampo had managed to escape amidst the chaos. That is one crafty bastard.

It took a while to convince Gepard that we weren't criminals or were accomplices with Sampo. Telling him that we were outsiders as March showed him photos of their snowy planet.